Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t really think so. It looks horrific right thru day 15. That’s the 26th. If that look holds CNE, SNE likely are snowless thru then with 2 days to go till spring. At that point by the way, we will mainly all be BN in snowfall 

Well pattern is terrible, but it’s not impossible to sneak something in. It just won’t last lol.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL well pattern has sucked for awhile now. I look forward to more EPS bar graphs for Moose knuckle Maine though. 

We discussed this I recall earlier in the season.. but that ugly analog of 1989 was always there rearing it’s ugly head. Maybe Ray and Ginx and Isotherm are right and Morch will rock, but I have a bad feeling 89 just walked in the door 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We discussed this I recall earlier in the season.. but that ugly analog of 1989 was always there rearing it’s ugly head. Maybe Ray and Ginx and Isotherm are right and Morch will rock, but I have a bad feeling 89 just walked in the door 

After the most hyped split ever, the vortex looks to regain itself again. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL well pattern has sucked for awhile now. I look forward to more EPS bar graphs for Moose knuckle Maine though. 

Perhaps the b-day hallucinogenics have worn off today?  :lol:

Funny thing is, I'm not complaining or whining.  Just stating the obvious on what's transpired and what is to come.

Agree a sneaky event could occur around next weekend but odds are not in favor of it. 

That's a pig of a SE ridge that is dominating the pattern.

Only hope to beat that down is to relocate the PV further south in Hudson Bay rather than closer to the NP.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Perhaps the b-day hallucinogenics have worn off today?  :lol:

Funny thing is, I'm not complaining or whining.  Just stating the obvious on what's transpired and what is to come.

Agree a sneaky event could occur around next weekend but odds are not in favor of it. 

That's a pig of a SE ridge that is dominating the pattern.

Only hope to beat that down is to relocate the PV further south in Hudson Bay rather than closer to the NP.

Don't worry, the PV will drop S and the -NAO will manifest in April and May. 

lol, ssw ftl. If it is happenning in the strat which smarter guys know more than me...i believe it...but it is doing zero to produce a favorable ao/nao when it matters most, garbage. Im done tracking. Something pops in March ill enjoy it but this is trash right now. But hey, a cool and rainy spring with cutoffs is pretty much gtd, prepare now. 

Sorry Ginxy, I’m not snowshowing in Caribou enough to put lipstick on how terrible winter has been imby since Jan 5th. Now Feb is shot, its done. One month of cold with penny events topped off by one good 11” storm is not memorable nor enjoyable.

Me and Icey1872 gonna go do keg stands now. Bring on spring.

Archived