• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Baroclinic Zone

February is upon us - pattern change is in order

6 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

The teleconnections look Beautiful.

Deeply negative AO AND NAO. Rising PNA. Falling EPO. MJO going through phases 1 and 2.

I want to see some results on the models! Also, hearing about the NAO linking up with the eastern ridge creating a disaster for snow. What does this mean and wouldn't the negative AO squash such an event?

I dont see a +pna until later in month when the nao vanishes. 

For late next week

The slowed pattern allowing cyclones to mature and later
occlude in our neighborhood, forecast model consensus trending with
a deep, strong storm in our vicinity for the beginning of March. Way
out in time, can hardly touch on details and specifics, continued
ensemble member spread. However can`t ignore such robust signal when
tides are reaching their peak (Boston around 11.5 feet). Until then
will keep it dry and near-seasonable right on up through Thursday.
Then all eyes are upon a potential storm system.

Just now, White Rain said:

What a weenie model that is. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some ice at my hood.

It went wild yesterday, but at least that was obvious. I feel like it's depiction of ice above 800-1K seems reasonable. I feel like this is elevated icing over nrn ORH and Monads.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I dont see a +pna until later in month when the nao vanishes. 

Imagine we are this close to seasonal average and get shut down with a historic NAO/AO. I guess its possible. 

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Missed the point.  He said many coastals.   1888 is extremely anomalous-once a century.

No sh it but we were talking about 1888

I don’t about you guys but this time just feels different, my gut feeling is in the next 3-4 days models will show a major east coast snowstorm. They all seem to have a major storm early March but can’t seem to put all the pieces together, but run after run after run it is still there. 

Just now, Powderboy413 said:

I don’t about you guys but this time just feels different, my gut feeling is in the next 3-4 days models will show a major east coast snowstorm. They all seem to have a major storm early March but can’t seem to put all the pieces together, but run after run after run it is still there. 

Given your name and avatar, I am shocked you feel that way.

• Thanks 1