Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It never has a clue with blocked systems and its thermals are turrable. Not saying a d5 euro op will have it nailed but it will handle those two features, which are top on the important list, much much better.

Euro is notorious for hanging back s/w coming out of the SW so i don't know if you will get a feel for this for another couple days at least.

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

I have more problems then worrying about the air mass, I'm taking a page out of the MPM handbook, We could snow up here if we have the qpf..........lol

Tell me about it.   Shades of the huge BWI hits a few years back when the models never budged from capture/stall down south.  For a week I was waiting/hoping for them to trend northward and they never did.  I think we were sunny and they had feet.

What would be a real bummer is if my flight home Friday morning were canceled (red-eye into JFK, 11:00 PWM) due to wind and all we had to show for it was rain.

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

well, nothing could have really competed with yesterday's depictions.  The magnitude of shift is a bit surprising though.

Forecasts have already shifted from SN to RN or SN.

What?  On a Day 5-6 forecast you are surprised it changed a little bit?  There's still a storm in the general vicinity which is about all you can ask for at this lead time.

Archived