Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I would feel real good if i was in your area right now.

Stronger consensus for ORH area into SNH I think.

12z suite including ensembles had remarkably good consensus for 6 days away, I don't think we've seen that this season.

But still a long way away. Confident of a big system squashed and prolonged by blocking, but where it dumps...? anywhere from Philly to Maine is definitely in the game.

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Stronger consensus for ORH area into SNH I think.

12z suite including ensembles had remarkably good consensus for 6 days away, I don't think we've seen that this season.

But still a long way away. Confident of a big system squashed and prolonged by blocking, but where it dumps...? anywhere from Philly to Maine is definitely in the game.

Its going to come down to timing the retrograding block and the s/w ejecting out of the SW, So we will see this shuffle around some.

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Good. Makes some intuitive sense. That block can repel firepower of this magnitude.

It'll be interesting to follow the thermal part of this too as the ensembles arent cold.  They are further south with the low but it looks like this system will have to dynamically make its own low level cold.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It'll be interesting to follow the thermal part of this too as the ensembles arent cold.  They are further south with the low but it looks like this system will have to dynamically make its own low level cold.

Agreed. I won't worry about thermals too much at this range, but it certainly is not an ideal preceding airmass.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I wouldn't look at location of L.P. centers so much this is about inflow and 5 h 7h 8h centers 

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Its 5.5-6 days out....but the guidance is strangely in good agreement right now and the consensus absolutely annihilates ORH county and S NH...esp east slopes. That synoptic setup is tailor-made for the east slopes of the Berks/ORH hills/Monads.

A lot can change still obviously.

Deep easterly flow in a maritime airmass. ORH special. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s gonna happen sooner or later. You are due for a violent correction 

Aren’t most of us? A lot of people cry poverty, but are also above normal with snow over the last decade plus.

Either way, if this consensus holds... I won’t make a peep in this thread after Wednesday. No point in discussing rain down this way. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Aren’t most of us? A lot of people cry poverty, but are also above normal with snow over the last decade plus.

Either way, if this consensus holds... I won’t make a peep in this thread after Wednesday. No point in discussing rain down this way. 

In terms of anomalies you are off the charts. 

Abyways way too early to get into details. Just saying.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If I mustered 20" in Dec 1992, a do over should be fun with March ssts

Yeah, don't forget that in 1992, even ORH wasted several hours with rain and RN/SN mix in the early stages. With a bit better low levels this time around, we'd prob not waste as much.

Still not an ideal airmass, but it's probably good enough.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, don't forget that in 1992, even ORH wasted several hours with rain and RN/SN mix in the early stages. With a bit better low levels this time around, we'd prob not waste as much.

Still not an ideal airmass, but it's probably good enough.

Models will underestimate QPF in this scenario.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Excellent  perfect storm to develop a young weenies mind, my youngest was 14. We drove all over SNE together looking at damage at the beach to feet of snow in NWRI.  He often talks about that when people say RI sucks for snow. That storm was brutal for its intensity on the coast. We went sledding in Groton Ct the next day when they flipped for a couple on the backside.

Archived