Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Great visions at THIS lead time. Lets revisit this premonition on Friday.

Unless this thing comes off Atlantic City and stalls southeast of Montaulk, I suspect I'll be living vicariously through you inland folks. I had not looked closely at thermals yesterday. Still will be fun to track this week. Not boring.

20 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Very similar to 3/01.  I’d feel good north of the pike right now.

Some guidance has shown a more East west gradient to snowfall. We’ve seen it before, but it’s been a while. Something where Eastern ma rains and SW CT snows.

North of the pike is better, but I don’t think they are out of the woods by any stretch. Several runs over the last couple and illustrate how this could be a turd there as well. Respect the suck airmass.

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Good blocking throughout but in the end, still a fumble to end it?

We probably have at least a few chances through St Patty's Day. Ironically the low level profile would get better heading into March as a deeper trough and colder air get established. Once again, I hope nobody expects to cash in on every event.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Some guidance has shown a more East west gradient to snowfall. We’ve seen it before, but it’s been a while. Something where Eastern ma rains and SW CT snows.

North of the pike is better, but I don’t think they are out of the woods by any stretch. Several runs over the last couple and illustrate how this could be a turd there as well. Respect the suck airmass.

Too much focus on that.   If it’s a big stemwinder it will do it’s dirty work.   4/1/97 had antecedent temps near 70.

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I think Brett was like 2-3yrs old for that. :(

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Brett would have been on fire on 4/1/97. He would have bitched and bitched the aftn of 3/31 as Taunton had PLSN for a few hours while it snowed a few miles north. Only to have like 26" by lunchtime 4/1.

Ha... had just turned 3. Will be turning 24 next Friday, hopefully this has legs for my birthday 

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We probably have at least a few chances through St Patty's Day. Ironically the low level profile would get better heading into March as a deeper trough and colder air get established. Once again, I hope nobody expects to cash in on every event.

I agree with this sentiment too. 

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I did not get the 30-35" SNH got, but it ended on a nice note down in GHG. About 10" there.

9 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the ULL look on the EPS.  The heights over Greenland are building back west and south as this storm tries to come in.  Suppression or occluded mess are definitely on the table as is a hit.  We need to see that look change some over the next week.

I'd rather risk that then trying to do it with a weaker block or no block. Without it this is a 55F cutter. 

Id rather see it a bit squashed at day 6. This will actually prob have a lot of latent heat down south this time of year from convection. So beware the ticks north late. 

Archived