Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Powderboy413 said:

I don’t about you guys but this time just feels different, my gut feeling is in the next 3-4 days models will show a major east coast snowstorm. They all seem to have a major storm early March but can’t seem to put all the pieces together, but run after run after run it is still there. 

Given your name and avatar, I am shocked you feel that way.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Sell the shunt. That was due to thermal profiles. 

I think the idea of an occlusion south of us is more likely than a shunt.

CT will probably be in a good spot....shocking, I know.

This is why I like the RNA....have the thing get going above the 40th parallel, and there is less that can go wrong regarding track, and rate of maturation.

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think the idea of an occlusion south of us is more likely than a shunt.

CT will probably be in a good spot....shocking, I know.

This is why I like the RNA....have the thing get going above the 40th parallel, and there is less that can go wrong regarding track, and rate of maturation.

I approve this message. Really interesting period coming up. Hoping for a crawling monster before we move into sping.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We should start seeing somekind of trends over the weekend imo. blocking episodes usually feature ‘less’ uncertainty but if it is Miller B type stuff, that still has decent spread even outside of 72hrs. And we Probably take gfs with grain of salt until maybe inside 24hrs.

I will be stunned if we don't come out of this with an event having deposited at least a solid 1' in general.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We are already seeing model trends the last 24 hours...moving towards a south of New England and ultimately south of NYC . Signals are there unfortunately 

You have been stationed in left field the vast majority of this winter.

None of that is true...zero.

Its possible it could miss, but there are no definitive trends at present...its one week plus out.

Archived