Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Us sledders gotta stick together lol...hoping for one more trip to N. Aroostook around March 9th or so?? 

So I’m hoping March brings back a little more winter here...and keeps it going up there a few more weeks? 

They stayed in the 40's up there today and are going to add Friday thru Monday up there so it should still be real good from what i have been reading over the last 2 weeks.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

They stayed in the 40's up there today and are going to add Friday thru Monday up there so it should still be real good from what i have been reading over the last 2 weeks.

Ya today didn’t make dent up there...they are loaded up real deep no doubt.  And yes they will add  this weekend.

Just hoping no big warm ups over the next  week or two up that way ..and it stays cold. 

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya today didn’t make dent up there...they are loaded up real deep no doubt.  And yes they will add  this weekend.

Just hoping no big warm ups over the next  week or two up that way ..and it stays cold. 

No warm up there in at least the next 10 days, Today would have been it, Two buddies of mine just came back from the county from riding this weekend and said it was amazing.

38 minutes ago, dryslot said:

No warm up there in at least the next 10 days, Today would have been it, Two buddies of mine just came back from the county from riding this weekend and said it was amazing.

I just bought a hybrid trailer. I may have to take it on a long distance test though I just read that some of the higher elevations in the NEK have survived, though they need replenishing. Not sure I want to spend a couple of hundred bucks more so late in the season though. 

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I just bought a hybrid trailer. I may have to take it on a long distance test though I just read that some of the higher elevations in the NEK have survived, though they need replenishing. Not sure I want to spend a couple of hundred bucks more so late in the season though. 

I believe trails all fared well even here in the Mtns and Northern Maine, They are going to be seeing snow in the mountains and Northern Maine over the next 5 days, A 1-2 hr drive gets me to the snow, Tops, I'll be heading up to those areas now the rest of the season.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I believe trails all fared well even here in the Mtns and Northern Maine, They are going to be seeing snow in the mountains and Northern Maine over the next 5 days, A 1-2 hr drive gets me to the snow, Tops, I'll be heading up to those areas now the rest of the season.

Me too, if the NEK can get back in on the action. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that I ride from home again as even here in the woods the base survived somewhat. Of course I’d love to go up to Maine. I’ve never been above Augusta really and never ridden up there at all. 

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

Me too, if the NEK can get back in on the action. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that I ride from home again as even here in the woods the base survived somewhat. Of course I’d love to go up to Maine. I’ve never been above Augusta really and never ridden up there at all. 

You need to come over, You're really missing out.

26 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Ya..you won’t believe how incredible it is.  And the county is just another world all together.  You gotta try it Reaves.  Head up to N. Aroostook in March...you’ll be so happy you did. The only thing is...you might not want to sled in Vermont anymore afterwards though.  

PM me if you have any questions on northern Maine..towns and places to stay etc etc... it’ll blow your mind. 

Ya..you won’t believe how incredible it is.  And the county is just another world all together.  You gotta try it Reaves.  Head up to N. Aroostook in March...you’ll be so happy you did. The only thing is...you might not want to sled in Vermont anymore afterwards though.  
PM me if you have any questions on northern Maine..towns and places to stay etc etc... it’ll blow your mind. 
https://m.facebook.com/Grammys-Country-Inn-318021972096/

Usually more sleds or atvs in the lot than cars, depending on the time of year. Great food just outside of Houlton...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m actually considering the end of next week. It’s vt school vacation week so my 13 year old will be out of school. Not sure if I’m ready to go all the way to Aroostook but will be keeping an eye on conditions to see what would work. 

11 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

https://m.facebook.com/Grammys-Country-Inn-318021972096/

Usually more sleds or atvs in the lot than cars, depending on the time of year. Great food just outside of Houlton...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's the best part of it all, Stopping at all the different club houses and restaurants for the good ole home cooking...........:)

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right on cue, 00z GFS illustrates precisely what I was trying to convey in my post....bowling ball cuts through the OHRV and right under NE....Miller B....I don't think it will dig far enough to get the mid atl in a big way because there is no ridge out west.

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right on cue, 00z GFS illustrates precisely what I was trying to convey in my post....bowling ball cuts through the OHRV and right under NE....Miller B....I don't think it will dig far enough to get the mid atl in a big way because there is no ridge out west.

Because the "50-50" low is sort of west near Newfoundland, it would not shock me if that event is squashed south. Could certainly happen. Our better shot is later on in the first week of March into second week as the main trough in the east shifts west a bit.

Archived