Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

36 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That is not a particularly cold look. You have low pressure coming up the Ohio valley and a high over the Flemish cap. We want that high more over Quebec or at the very least northeast of Maine to be a colder look. The setup shown is about to produce mild southwest flow at the surface once that low moves a little further northeast. 

What’s your take on Fri- Monday?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What’s your take on Fri- Monday?

Sunday night-Monday is more interesting to me than anything before that but I think even that one is better for NNE. 

Cant rule out that sneaky burst of snow on late Thursday. Friday night looks pretty tough for frozen. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sunday night-Monday is more interesting to me than anything before that but I think even that one is better for NNE. 

Cant rule out that sneaky burst of snow on late Thursday. Friday night looks pretty tough for frozen. 

DIT model bias translates that to widespread 2-4” for SNE away from the immediate coast

Harv is hinting at wet flakes possible.

7 hours ago, CT Rain said:

Well this could be interesting. Pretty mega blocking. 

500za_week3_bg.png

What an aesthetic image, The North Pacific ridge is very far Southwest. There is really no analog for this type of intensity/placement. 83-84 was pretty close with a +PNA but this is something special about this Winter, how far south big ridges have set up. It has to be a La Nina 

Archived