joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

March 31, 1997

I have been doing some research for a work colleague regarding weather conditions in March when I came across March 0f 56 Coop data from across SNE, man that was a crazy month around here. There were at least 8 snow events , of course the Blizzard in mid month but a very ferocious one end of the month, lots of places had 10-15 OTG end of March, lots of blowing and drifting with drifts to 7 feet.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I have been doing some research for a work colleague regarding weather conditions in March when I came across March 0f 56 Coop data from across SNE, man that was a crazy month around here. There were at least 8 snow events , of course the Blizzard in mid month but a very ferocious one end of the month, lots of places had 10-15 OTG end of March, lots of blowing and drifting with drifts to 7 feet.

Pretty nuts, we don't get Winters like that anymore. 

51 minutes ago, dryslot said:

According to ant, A couple more runs and it should be rain in SE Mass.

This can’t probably come too much further west than the CMC shows but it could track close or over Long Island and SE MASS which would be mostly rain for coastal areas.  It’s not going to cut though in that pattern 

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Talk about a torch.  What a Feb day this would be if next Wednesday panned out.  I think the NH state record for Feb is 73F.  This would rival that if it ever came to fruition.

heat.jpg

Yeah it’s never gonna happen.  The Euro has already started backing off the amplification of that ridge.  I would be surprised if anyone north of DCA broke 70 

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like no matter what happens Sunday middle of next week is an all out inferno into NNE 

It's actually not that obvious...Euro is trying to hit 70F, but the ensembles show a ton of uncertainty where we could easily be north of the boundary. GEFS were actually a very icy look.

17 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Talk about a torch.  What a Feb day this would be if next Wednesday panned out.  I think the NH state record for Feb is 73F.  This would rival that if it ever came to fruition.

heat.jpg

I don't know why people love this model. Sandy era sure but this model sucks since its upgrade a few years back. It literally sucks.

The warmth is not happening upper 60's up to NYC or so but no way we get that surge. Use some common sense guys! Models are just a tool not a forecast 

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Seems like no matter what happens Sunday middle of next week is an all out inferno into NNE 

3rd time you've asked that question in just a few minutes...lol

But I'm catching up so maybe its been answered!  I would imagine though that it would still get warm a couple days before the cold and snowy pattern kicks in later in the week - yes?

14 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I don't know why people love this model. Sandy era sure but this model sucks since its upgrade a few years back. It literally sucks.

The warmth is not happening upper 60's up to NYC or so but no way we get that surge. Use some common sense guys! Models are just a tool not a forecast 

Dude look at the time frame you meatball. Any model at that range will suck, especially an op run. 

Archived