joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a good month in NFL wasn't it? Nova Scotia too? Needless to say, it wasn't the best March ever here. The magnolias bloomed early due to the unnatural warmth and were killed by a hard frost within days. 

Yeah it was great here. Lots of temps in the 60's with several days in the 70's and high of 85. Burnt my nape that month. That is how you end a crappy winter with style.

17 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

wasn't it supposed to be 50 yesterday?? I know I saw it for days in the p/c

Yup...backdoored.

I haven’t looked at much, but judging by that EPS H85 anomaly map there will be plenty of cold air lurking to our NE. I’m confident some of those warm days verify as backdoor garbage here. 

Real winter weather basically lasted 10 days around here... late Dec into early Jan with the blizzard. Nothing doing really since then or before that.

Bring on those warm temps the Euro is spitting out. There is literally nothing exciting in the next few weeks on any guidance, they all look horrendous. Maybe we squeak a miracle in during early March... but I’m skeptical of that.

Good thing we got that blizzard to back in last minute, other than that... this winter has blown rats.

Also, the second most memorable moment of this “winter” was that absolute furnace the second weekend of JAN that decimated nearly 20 inches of snow

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Real winter weather basically lasted 10 days around here... late Dec into early Jan with the blizzard. Nothing doing really since then or before that.

Bring on those warm temps the Euro is spitting out. There is literally nothing exciting in the next few weeks on any guidance, they all look horrendous. Maybe we squeak a miracle in during early March... but I’m skeptical of that.

Good thing we got that blizzard to back in last minute, other than that... this winter has blown rats.

Also, the second most memorable moment of this “winter” was that absolute furnace the second weekend of JAN that decimated nearly 20 inches of snow

Best of both worlds.  Climo snow and above normal temps 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That month was the ultimate Morch.  80s.  Dry.  Snowless.  

My son was practiing baseball on dry fields towards the end of the month

Oh, I thought he was referring to the SSW bringing epicosity back for the month.  Exact opposite occurred.  Lol.  Bring it on.

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That month was the ultimate Morch.  80s.  Dry.  Snowless.  

My son was practiing baseball on dry fields towards the end of the month

I lost thousands on the maple season that year.  It took me years to recover from that both financially and the aftermath of the October storm.  Let's NOT repeat that.  Thankfully I don't think we will.

despite that mid level appeal with that ridge and stuff on that EPS the 850 mb are comparatively chilly...   0C cuts east west through southern VT/NH as that ridge is ballooning...  Not sure what to make of that but that's not exceptionally warm in the lower troposphere.  

I just can't endorse much above seasonally above normal for many of the reasons I cited earlier... We have to be pretty much on top of those days before I trust ...particularly Euro genetics on the matter because as I said earlier, we routinely verify something less of that guidance' flame thrower appeals over the last three years really - SOMEthing always dims it.  Seeing the EPS' 850s sort of blase mild at best doesn't help that cause. 

To many are giving up winter im not and many will be in for surprise during late feb into march for sne area and i95 area.  some dont trust me but  models have not been good this winter in long range . I think nao- is coming and expect cold march  . i also say least three good snowstorms for sne area and i expect  snow for I-95 area from dc area north with get snow too. when last time they didnt get any snowstorms in the winter season its is very hard.  pay back is coming .

Ray Prediction in Early November:  

1. Winter will be pretty good in December.                                                                                                                       A bit off, but Alight.  

2. Possible snow on Christmas Day.                                                                                                                                 Dead Nuts Accurate for a day that Never snows.  

3. Best Chance for a KU is December 24th - January 8th.                                                                                                   Dead Nuts Accurate.              

4. The Rest of January will Suck.                                                                                                                                     Dead Nuts Accurate.  

5. February will Suck.                                                                                                                                                     Dead Nuts Accurate (and continuing to be).  

6. I'm Very confident in March being Good.                                                                                                                      ?......  So RELAX!!  

3 hours ago, TheSnowman said:

Ray Prediction in Early November:  

1. Winter will be pretty good in December.                                                                                                                       A bit off, but Alight.  

2. Possible snow on Christmas Day.                                                                                                                                 Dead Nuts Accurate for a day that Never snows.  

3. Best Chance for a KU is December 24th - January 8th.                                                                                                   Dead Nuts Accurate.              

4. The Rest of January will Suck.                                                                                                                                     Dead Nuts Accurate.  

5. February will Suck.                                                                                                                                                     Dead Nuts Accurate (and continuing to be).  

6. I'm Very confident in March being Good.                                                                                                                      ?......  So RELAX!!  

Seems like alot of people are expecting a good March.

Archived