Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

2 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Looks like 40.5".   35" from synoptic and 5" Upslope.  Terrain enhanced both ways

Considerable terrain enhancement during the main storm occurred in the higher elevations of Berkshire and Bennington counties to push snow totals at our two high elevation WxNet 6 spotters sites on top of Woodford, MT, VT in Bennington County to 35.0" and to 40.5" on top of the mountain in Savoy, MA, Berkshire County, both 2000' + elevation locations. In Woodford, approximately 25" of snow fell from the main storm, with approximately 35" of snow @ Savoy, MA. The additional accumulations at these locations came from upslope induced snowfall which continued well into Wednesday night and early Thursday morning the 13th, after the main storm had moved east.

I'm coming up on my 10-year anniversary at the Pit.  The first couple years were really pretty exciting.  It's really been relatively benign the last several years though.  Rocktober 2011 was fantastic.  

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ice waterfalls were just beautiful on the Mass Pike,  deep deep winter just to your North. Turn the corner means on the 4 warm days coming up this week. Have a great night Deb

Ya and they were detaching and crumbling to the ground hopelessly....that’s it dude.....when those ice crumbles melt that’s it.....you know it.....we all do...it’s ovah...

I go back n forth. I know climo says its not over until early April for a siggy event... but the wounded weenie in me says our chances are very very slim for a sustained 2-3 week stretch of good to great chances.  

I’d take Ice’s bet but he’s a heavy drinker...and I don’t want to encourage addictive behaviors.

1 hour ago, ice1972 said:

Is there a bet we could legit carry out here?  Like you cover first round at your bar of choice if I get a 12”+ event here in WEHA.....if not I cover yours....in person.....CT only.....Bet?

You are unhinged.

Step away from the laptop...spend some time with family....a family of therapists.

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I go back n forth. I know climo says its not over until early April for a siggy event... but the wounded weenie in me says our chances are very very slim for a sustained 2-3 week stretch of good to great chances.  

I’d take Ice’s bet but he’s a heavy drinker...and I don’t want to encourage addictive behaviors.

And yet here we are hitting F5 for the next panel of the 18z GFS.

34 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh come on dude....take the bet....you can’t posdibly lose....

Archived