joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

5”. Was paste but turned into powder 

I didn’t realize that.  I was coming back from Denver yesterday so I have not ideas of the intricacies of the Thursday night/Friday morning system.   You’ll probably keep some at least.

Definitely colder Wednesday. Even starts here as a little snow. Tomorrow has trended to a period of heavier rain so would be nice to have a taste of winter Wednesday. Certainly interior has a better shot. 

“Certainly interior has a better shot. “

We’ve heard that before and then we watch SNE get buried while we brown ground it. The old southern shuffle still a possibility for the Wed event.

35 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

MPM at 1500 ft calling for an end to winter Feb 2nd. Thought I was in the Georgia subforum.  Nice trends overnight for Wed. Better again at 12Z. 

His elevation is 1066. I believe MRG is close to 1500 ft.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good to see all the globals at 12z so far shifting for Wednesday. Almost the whole forum would do pretty well on those solutions maybe save the south coast. 

I at least wanted to get SNE involved so we could get better analysis and discussion :lol:.  

Case in point already more posts in the past hour about this event than the past 2 days. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Good to see all the globals at 12z so far shifting for Wednesday. Almost the whole forum would do pretty well on those solutions maybe save the south coast. 

Mmm ... Not to be Debbie buuuut...  we should keep in mind that these needle thread deals can shift on a dime by small lat/lon variances and the gradients being pretty tight it can mean a huge sensible difference in terms of impact. 

Archived