• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 29-30, 2018 Minor Snow Event Obs

Ralph Wiggum

Had sporadic light snow earlier which settled into a light steady snow for the last hour or two, with the wind picking up a bit as well. Whitening up outside, still mainly a dusting on most surfaces, but around 0.5" in the colder spots. Temp has dropped to 30F. Still not expecting much accumulation, but it is nice to see it snowing!

white rain in Trenton...not even sticking to car tops and grass. Back in Levittown, gf said we had .5" on the grass but it's also mostly white rain. 36F in trenton, 34F in Levittown. It's snowing pretty good here in Trenton but it is just too warm to accumulate especially since the last week has also been warm. Had this been timed better and had a colder air mass, this would have likely been a nice 2-4" event for us. The IVT hit us just about dead on.

Well, it was snowing mod+ for a bit this morning...even some sideways. This stuff won't stick to anything....very unproductive. Complete definition of "white rain".

Still light snow but meh....kinda feels like late March where the sun angle has kicked in and unless there's a blizzard outside it's not going to stick.

24 minutes ago, Newman said:

Finished with right around 1.5 inches here. Right on the dot at 20" on the season. I think its almost a lock for me to finish above average this year with the upcoming pattern in February.

1.4" here and 19.15" on the season. That December death band gave you a big cushion don't sit on the lead though lol

Temp has dropped to 30.7F

1 hour ago, Newman said:

Finished with right around 1.5 inches here. Right on the dot at 20" on the season. I think its almost a lock for me to finish above average this year with the upcoming pattern in February.

Roads on my street are actually covered with snow in exposed spots next to open fields. Snow is much drier now - continues to snow lightly temp down to 26.6

Snow so far 1.0". Unlike Newman down here we are going to finish below normal for both the month and for season to date for January month (actual 6.6") normal 12.0" and the Season to Date (actual 18.3") normal thru January 18.8". With February our snowiest average month at 13.3" - thinking we are on track for a near normal 39" of snow for NW Chester County

Still snowing lightly here, 28F. About a half inch in normally sunny areas like this hill, and 1.0" in some shaded areas - not bad all in all, and a nice snowy day as well. If you look closely you can see the remainder of the snow pile from 2 weeks ago - never did cover it since then, although gave it some thought. Decided I didn't want to look at a tarp there for 2 weeks. Looking for reinforcements soon though!

snow-1-30-18.jpg

24 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Still snowing lightly here, 28F. About a half inch in normally sunny areas like this hill, and 1.0" in some shaded areas - not bad all in all, and a nice snowy day as well. If you look closely you can see the remainder of the snow pile from 2 weeks ago - never did cover it since then, although gave it some thought. Decided I didn't want to look at a tarp there for 2 weeks. Looking for reinforcements soon though!

snow-1-30-18.jpg

At least your pile is still visible! :D

Currently at about 0.5", only on the grassy areas and car and some colder flat surfaces, with nothing on the sidewalks or streets. Gutters are dripping.  Temp has dropped down to 29F and still SN- out there.

4 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

At least your pile is still visible! :D

Currently at about 0.5", only on the grassy areas and car and some colder flat surfaces, with nothing on the sidewalks or streets. Gutters are dripping.  Temp has dropped down to 29F and still SN- out there.

Lol, it made it through the heat wave, barely. I'll bet JerseySnowRob still has some nice snow piles over his way...

6 hours ago, RedSky said:

1.4" here and 19.15" on the season. That December death band gave you a big cushion don't sit on the lead though lol

Temp has dropped to 30.7F

That December storm is helping alot. If I got the 2 inches forecasted rather than the 8 inches that actually fell, I'd be well behind most in SE PA. But, you win some and lose some and sometimes you get lucky like I did in December. With the upcoming February pattern and only 13 inches behind climatology, I should, and most others here, reach average snowfall.

Archived