Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH my, look at how the Sick UVV's/ Omega intersects the snow growth region, lol, it would be snowing 3-4"/hr if this were to come to fruition. Snow Growth is through the roof with this one, but I'm not getting excited, YET!

nam_2018022806_048_43.25--76.25.png

Notice just off the deck temps drop back into to the upper 20's, so plenty cold enough throughout the BL!

nam_2018022806_051_43.25--76.25.png

Last one, look at the wind profile, lol, it doesn't know what to do, lol, which is creating havoc up above indicative of the sick sick Omega values.  This could be the one but I digress, lol, back to reality!

nam_2018022806_054_43.25--76.25.png

27F at 12Z Friday with Super heavy snow.  Suffice to say, Fridays commute is going to be a total nightmare and coming home may not be all that much better.

7 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Nice SkewT grabs Ty.  Was wondering how the intense Omega was positioned vs the SGZ ... thats close to an ideal scenario for SN+.

As about as Ideal as it can be! We may experience a Nor'Easter type system here in CNY, with fierce howling winds coming from the NE with heavy wet boiler plate type snow where heart attacks happen as ppl try to shovel their walkways.  This is not the snow to do it in and for all you elderly, pay some 20 yr old to do it and save your life!

34 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

As about as Ideal as it can be! We may experience a Nor'Easter type system here in CNY, with fierce howling winds coming from the NE with heavy wet boiler plate type snow where heart attacks happen as ppl try to shovel their walkways.  This is not the snow to do it in and for all you elderly, pay some 20 yr old to do it and save your life!

At 700 mb your about -8. Anything below say -4 is golden. Looking good! 

Well the NAM has clearly outperformed the GFS. Again. GFS solution looks like the NAM, only it took another 24 hrs to get there. 

Did the NAM get an upgrade this year? I know the GFS did- hasn’t been visible. 

Cranky’s daily write up calls for 1-2’ for someone in the Buf- Bing corridor. He thinks it’s a big one! 

Now is usually when I get my over eager heart broken. 

NAM totals are almost always overdone but the  January 2016 atlantic blizzard forecasting pitted an amped, juiced up NAM model vs a suppressed GFS/Euro run after run and guess which one pulled a epic coup.   

https://nynjpaweather.com/public/2016/01/24/forecast-review-for-the-blizzard-of-january-23-2016/

Always gives me at least the slightest hope in NAMbo being right.

9 minutes ago, WxNoob said:

NAM totals are almost always overdone but the  January 2016 atlantic blizzard forecasting pitted an amped, juiced up NAM model vs a suppressed GFS/Euro run after run and guess which one pulled a epic coup.   

https://nynjpaweather.com/public/2016/01/24/forecast-review-for-the-blizzard-of-january-23-2016/

Always gives me at least the slightest hope in NAMbo being right.

I think NAM blowout qpf also scored a coup in one or both of the Snowmageddons down in the mid Atlantic a few years back.  But usually it's overdone.  With likely lower ratios this storm i'd take the under on any of its clown maps, although positioning of qpf is another story.

16 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I think NAM blowout qpf also scored a coup in one or both of the Snowmageddons down in the mid Atlantic a few years back.  But usually it's overdone.  With likely lower ratios this storm i'd take the under on any of its clown maps, although positioning of qpf is another story.

And last year's March storm, NAM wasn't far off 36 hours out....

Archived