SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, vortmax said:

Teleconnections trending in the right direction into the March time frame...will winter have enough time to produce??

4indices.png

12Z GFS among the worst 384 hr runs I've seen.  00Z a little better but mostly gruesome.  A couple chances but a lot of central/western lakes cutters. We'll see...

Personally not to concerned over the Gfs, we all know it sucks lol Take a look at the 6z, plenty of cold in the LR starting around the beginning of March just like the majority of ensembles. Majority of Guidance has trouble more then a couple days out, no way they are going to predict systems7+ days out..I’ll worry about the cold first and precipitation 2nd lol

E339C932-FDA6-4F3E-86DC-6780D0515295.jpeg

5 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Yea, snowing pretty good here as well with a fresh coating, looks like it will be short lived, at least for here..

Just under an inch here...marginally more than expected or forecast.  May be a while before we are measuring again, at least here.

I'm trying really hard to find something, anything on the global models in the next 2 weeks to signal a legit chance of a snow storm.  But all I'm seeing is cutters, stale maritime air, and "rain showers transitioning to snow showers overnight, little or no accumulation expected.  Low 34 degrees."  But hey, we'll experience the most negative NAO ever, right?  Can't wait for that...

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

I'm trying really hard to find something, anything on the global models in the next 2 weeks to signal a legit chance of a snow storm.  But all I'm seeing is cutters, stale maritime air, and "rain showers transitioning to snow showers overnight, little or no accumulation expected.  Low 34 degrees."  But hey, we'll experience the most negative NAO ever, right?  Can't wait for that...

While there’s not a specific threat, I think the pattern suggests something should shake out. 

17 hours ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

This reminds me of what happened in 2009-2010. One of the most snow-free winters in Toronto's history, but a lot of cold and snow for areas that don't traditionally receive it, including western Europe and the mid-Atlantic US states.

12 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Time to sit back without any expectations and see how this scenario plays out. 

With marginal cold around from here on out...Elevation snow for the hillbillies...flatlanders get a slushy inch or two during overnight periods when the strong late Feb sun isn't frying eggs on the sidewalk.

11 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

With marginal cold around from here on out...Elevation snow for the hillbillies...flatlanders get a slushy inch or two during overnight periods when the strong late Feb sun isn't frying eggs on the sidewalk.

That’s what Friday’s system looks like as per the GFS. Any accumulations appear to be elevation dependent with the Dacks and Tug possibly getting over a foot and us “flatlanders” getting next to nothing. 

Archived