Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WesterlyWx said:

Maybe I had my expectations too high but I figured right now it would at least be snowing steadily, lightly but steadily.... it’s barely snowing at all and radar looks like total crap. Maybe after noon it will get better but as of now I’m very unimpressed.

This is an event where setting your expectations anywhere but very low is a BAD idea. 

21 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Not too shabby by 18z tomorrow, especially for portions of wny..(and of course the tug lol)

3k nam 

5807831B-E2B7-47C3-87C5-9C92400319BC.png

Pretty consistent with all models showing a maxim over Northern Erie and Niagara. You guys get your 6”+. It’ll take a few years. But you’ll get it. 

Here in KROC, the only way I’m gonna know it’s snowing is because I’ll have to brush off my windshield every 6 hrs. What is this? Dust? 

7 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

That snow just keeps getting shredded as it tries to move into WNY, looks a little better last few frames but so far there’s still only flurries and a dusting in Williamsville.

Yeah, it's garbage at north campus. Pixie dust.

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Alright, lets get back to the weather, not that its that exciting right now anyway, except for a few nuisance sn events, but it is still a WX forum, lol.  Just messin as I wait for the BL to saturate. Excited about this incoming 4", lol!

No snow for you!

Sunday looks interesting...hoping NAM thermal profiles are too warm or a few inches of snow could end up a lot of taint, or worse.

25 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

No snow for you!

Sunday looks interesting...hoping NAM thermal profiles are too warm or a few inches of snow could end up a lot of taint, or worse.

Yeah they all have been trending a bit warmer so its not looking too good right now.  We may even taint tomorrow morning before this first batch of precip ends.  So much for a -NAO, lol, it hasn't been negative since July and that's just nuts!

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

As quickly as the rates and growth picked up we’re back to total crap here, it’s barely even accumulating on elevated surfaces, roads it’s melting on contact with the little tiny flakes.

You’re in a bit of a hole in the precipitation but there are heavier returns just to your west. 

24 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

To be fair the forecast is right on target...the expected moderate snows were always forecast from early afternoon into the evening and that looks right on track.

Channel 4 in house mode shows the snow ending over the Southtowns for several hours later this afternoon and evening, gonna be a close call but I think the northtowns north should be good but I’m a little worried we’re gonna get skunked in the Southtowns.

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Boring as all heck and really is having a tough time accumulating surprisingly, not exactly sure why as it’s only 23 degrees here...

Me and you in that park in Mid December was what winter was all about. We just don't get the synoptic that the east coast gets. Last years March storm was a rarity. 

Archived