• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

I'd trade all synoptic snow rest of year for that Ontario band tonight and tomorrow.

At 540 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of 2 to 3 inches per hour will be between Watertown and Pulaski,
extending inland across the Tug Hill to Lowville. This band will
consolidate into a single intense band this evening and settle near
the Jefferson and Oswego county line. Expect travel to become
difficult to impossible through this band as snowfall rates
increase. Visibility will be near zero in this heavy lake effect
snow band tonight.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'd trade all synoptic snow rest of year for that Ontario band tonight and tomorrow.

At 540 PM EST, A band of lake effect snow producing snow fall rates
of 2 to 3 inches per hour will be between Watertown and Pulaski,
extending inland across the Tug Hill to Lowville. This band will
consolidate into a single intense band this evening and settle near
the Jefferson and Oswego county line. Expect travel to become
difficult to impossible through this band as snowfall rates
increase. Visibility will be near zero in this heavy lake effect
snow band tonight.

The amazing part is that person lives there, smack dab at ground zero of the biggest lake effect events...can I ask why a bunch of us haven't thought about purchasing a house or cabin up there? That would be sick!

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

The amazing part is that person lives there, smack dab at ground zero of the biggest lake effect events...can I ask why a bunch of us haven't thought about purchasing a house or cabin up there? That would be sick!

Yeah has to be close to 300" so far. If we all chipped in would be so cheap, property up there is very cheap and taxes cannot be too high. The hard part would be having a truck that could get us to the cabin. We would need a jeep with a 40" lift kit. ^_^

https://twitter.com/CYerdon

23 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Investment Property!  Just think of the potential!  Should I schedule us a showing?

IMG_5810.PNG

12 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Example of a decent house in the “nicer” part of Fulton with a price tag of 119k and 3-4k property tax..

I read an article the other day that claimed people are getting a head start on buying houses do to the increase in interest rate..

1C68FCBF-2EBB-4111-AA6E-0EB2710EB159.jpeg

That is unreal...I would buy that house tomorrow. In Hamburg that goes for 200K+ with 5K taxes+ 

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I've thought about it. But I wouldn't want sh*t shack like most everything up there.  I like my creature comforts. If i do it someday i'd certainly have people up for LES parties.  But once I start adding a Jacuzzi, snowmobiles etc., its starts getting pricey.  I've thought about a move to Parish, which isn't the Tug but probably averages 200"/yr...but i also don't know if i want to sign up for a long commute into Syracuse either. So i dunno.

If my part time stock trading continues well...I may do something eventually if only for a weekend diversion.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I've thought about it. But I wouldn't want sh*t shack like most everything up there.  I like my creature comforts. If i do it someday i'd certainly have people up for LES parties.  But once I start adding a Jacuzzi, snowmobiles etc., its starts getting pricey.  I've thought about a move to Parish, which isn't the Tug but probably averages 200"/yr...but i also don't know if i want to sign up for a long commute into Syracuse either. So i dunno.

If my part time stock trading continues well...I may do something eventually if only for a weekend diversion.

LES parties would be incredible! Do it! 

25 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That one's not bad...$80k though for 600 sq ft. A bit pricey. Although, a mortgage of $330/month is walking around money. But i'd bet taxes would double that.    It's got 9 acres but well and sceptic.  I'll bet it would need a water treatment system but maybe not.  Of course I have well and sceptic also and I'm in civilization.

Yeah that's true forget how close to Cuse it is. Inflation is definitely going to be a problem all over soon. My rent is $550 a month for a 1 bedroom here. We got pretty lucky. We are in a month to month rental agreement so have been saving boatloads of money to buy a house. We're being really picky so that's probably why it's taken so long. Most rent around here is $850-1300 for 2-3 bedroom. 

That one's not bad...$80k though for 600 sq ft. A bit pricey. It's got 9 acres but well and sceptic.  Ill bet it would need a eater treatment system but msybe not.  Of course I have well and sceptic also and I'm in civilization.

Can you imagine a weekend up there with all of us? Discussing LES stories, playing cards, drinking some nice beers while we get 4-5' of snow outside. A jacuzzi would be the cherry on top. The dream! Haha

13 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Everything is going up due to the min wage increase, fast food prices are insane up here lol Bag of coffee went from $3-8$, inflation is a bltch, best time to buy property is NOW..

Probably true.  Interest rates have been pinned to the floor at historic lows by the Fed since the 2008 disaster and supposedly they want to unwind $4.5T of QE...that plus inflation perking up...rates prob going higher

How far of a drive is it from Fulton/Clay to hit this band? 30 mins?

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT SOUTHWESTERN JEFFERSON...
SOUTHWESTERN LEWIS AND NORTHEASTERN OSWEGO COUNTIES...

An area of heavy lake effect snow is producing snowfall rates of 2
to 4 inches per hour late this evening. The center of the band will
remain near the Jefferson and Oswego County border between Pulaski
and Adams Center through midnight. Expect travel to be difficult to
impossible through this band with visibility near zero.

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Can you imagine a weekend up there with all of us? Discussing LES stories, playing cards, drinking some nice beers while we get 4-5' of snow outside. A jacuzzi would be the cherry on top. The dream! Haha

You never know! I'd have to get a snowmobile again. 

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

How far of a drive is it from Fulton/Clay to hit this band? 30 mins?

...A BAND OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL AFFECT SOUTHWESTERN JEFFERSON...
SOUTHWESTERN LEWIS AND NORTHEASTERN OSWEGO COUNTIES...

An area of heavy lake effect snow is producing snowfall rates of 2
to 4 inches per hour late this evening. The center of the band will
remain near the Jefferson and Oswego County border between Pulaski
and Adams Center through midnight. Expect travel to be difficult to
impossible through this band with visibility near zero.

I'm gonna say 30-45 mins?

I'm gonna say 30-45 mins?

Yeah I would totally be in that thing right now, that is nothing! It blows me away that you guys don't make that drive a few times a year. I drove on I81 twice this summer, when I went to Saranac Lake and Ottawa and all I could think of is what that place would look like in winter. ^_^

Archived