SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

KBUF north looks to be in the pivot point of deformation zone. They will have the highest totals with Ontarios enhancement. Highest rates next few hours. Will be some 10"+ totals in Niagara county. 

Not one model picked up on the lake enhancement over Niagara County, I think the highest totals west of the Tug will be found there. Meanwhile the areas with warning will be lucky to see advisory snows...

Just now, WesterlyWx said:

Not one model picked up on the lake enhancement over Niagara County, I think the highest totals west of the Tug will be found there. Meanwhile the areas with warning will be lucky to see advisory snows...

Yeah about 3-4 hours of 1-2" per hour going for those places and they were under that really heavy band earlier. 

I just got back from a trip to Wegmans about 5 miles away. Roads are not in good shape, completely snow covered and slippery. Visibility is around a quarter of a mile. I’m up to 2 1/4 inches in 3 hours, over an inch in the last hour. Flakes are almost icy, that is one negative so far. 

15 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Looks like a nice 3 4 hour boost from lake coming

25 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Looking at around 2” in Irondequoit. Very inefficient flakes. Finally improving. The lake is gonna need to bail us out. Looks like it’s gonna try. Synoptic is a disappointment so far. 

KBUF AFD AM update:

As the winds continues to back around to the west/northwest by early
Thursday morning, lake parameters become maximized with additional
synoptic moisture attendant to a weak trailing shortwave in the
cyclonic flow aloft. This should result in a fairly coherent lake
shore hugging band along the Lake Ontario south shore, coming inland
from near Webster across Wayne County to N. Cayuga. Will need to
watch how this band develops closely, as it may require extended or
additional headlines for lake effect snows lingering into Thursday
morning.

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Frustrating. You’ll get into the enhanced area that should continue for you through the night. Your fun is just beginning. 

Maybe...we'll see how this shakes out.  I was thinking 8" for SYR and IMBY, 6" ROC but i suspect we will come up closer to 5-6".  Which is fairly pedestrian for these parts.  But...if we can pick up another 2-4" off the lake afterwards, we could end up with low double digits.  I've seen this often here...we don't jackpot synoptically but throw in the lake afterwards and its all good.  Personally, i don't care where it comes from, or how, its net results that count.

Archived