SnowHabit
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 K NAM

That model is showing a weenie band to the west over east-central CT into E-C MA. It's definitely like a secondary max. I think we will have to watch for such a band because despite the shifting around in guidance, the ML fronto sig has looked pretty good. It just depends where it ends up...but we will likely see it a bit west of the main qpf cutoff...assuming this thing doesn't get shredded so bad that it disappears. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Was gonna say doesn't Nick work in Canada?

I feel like nobody uses those maps these days though...lol. So I wouldn't blame him for forgetting that site. It wasn't always this early either...I feel like it's been relatively recently that those come out this early. Used to have to wait until after 10. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That model is showing a weenie band to the west over east-central CT into E-C MA. It's definitely like a secondary max. I think we will have to watch for such a band because despite the shifting around in guidance, the ML fronto sig has looked pretty good. It just depends where it ends up...but we will likely see it a bit west of the main qpf cutoff...assuming this thing doesn't get shredded so bad that it disappears. 

Maybe another 3" pocket on the east slopes of ORH?

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Trash system... and even worse... trash modeling. The cutbacks so far by the NAM and RGEM are laughably bad for this close in

The main difference was more QPF than anything else.  There wasn’t a drastic difference at 500 on the NAM.  At least the 12km from what I see.  I can’t see 500 on the RGEM yet 

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Trash system... and even worse... trash modeling. The cutbacks so far by the NAM and RGEM are laughably bad for this close in

I'd be more interested in testing that observation. Nothing against you per se but ... we've been flirting with the western "edge" of this thing for days of runs in very tight gradient scenario. These shifts may not be that unual .., it's just that 50 mi means 8" or 1" and the constant seesawing of emotions for some. It gets frustrating.  But if we were solidly inside a deep CCB with room to spare we probably don't give s rats ass if the western edge is Utica or Albany ... much less would even notice 

Archived