Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well it appears Scooter will be 2-2 in meltdowns when a deep winter , snowy pattern took hold almost immediately after. Thank you!

What meltdown? That I’m tired of being kept inside for weeks when everyone is on their death bed? What a silly concept. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What meltdown? That I’m tired of being kept inside for weeks when everyone is on their death bed? What a silly concept. 

Come on man.. we understand it’s a rough stretch personally. Totally understand. I know what you’ve been thru. But it’s very obvious on here when you get frustrated with the weather. You start wishing spring , enjoying 2 days of 50’s and sun when most places didn’t see 1.. and that weenies were going wild for Feb and that people were polluting threads etc etc. Your meltdowns are easy to spot 

2 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

NWS has a 20% chance of snow back this way for Monday night, wondering who's going to be wrong.

I'd prob bump that to likely pops given the guidance right now. But that was prob made based on 12z model data and the 18z runs have continued to the trend. 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pretty awesome at this lead we have some guidance flirting with warning amounts close to moneypitmeh and some that barely get measurable past PVD

I always think about this, it's frustrating but makes it fun/interesting at the same time. Surprise 3-4" feels more rewarding than an adv event that you were tracking/locked into 4 days out.

I'm hoping we verify a marginal blizzard say BED-ORH-Logan-CC Canal for 3.6 hours of something ... and that desire has nothing to do with wanting snow or whatever. 

Purely for the damnable clear evidence of model hugging on all scales of operational Meteorology ...

25 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Come on man.. we understand it’s a rough stretch personally. Totally understand. I know what you’ve been thru. But it’s very obvious on here when you get frustrated with the weather. You start wishing spring , enjoying 2 days of 50’s and sun when most places didn’t see 1.. and that weenies were going wild for Feb and that people were polluting threads etc etc. Your meltdowns are easy to spot 

I enjoyed it, but I wouldn’t cry if winter went to sh*t. Tough to admit that given it’s my fav time of year, but it’s sucked. Need snow to make it through. 

Archived