Newest Member
    joxey
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Hours and hours of light snow with blowing and drifting. @powderfreak this is why we spend 3 days hyperanalyzing.  You can't match wits with Ma Nature 

20180130_120422.jpg

Haha well done.  

I'll admit there's a lot of bump worthy trolling across the board from yesterday's posts lol, including my own.

What a horrific model showing all around but at least it broke right for you guys.  

Just now, dryslot said:

Congrats Steve, Nice positive bust.

Just had a great feeling last night when banding set up and the winds were howling in the band, watching how radar was congealing and satellite, surface data was coming together. I think I slept 2 hrs hyper analyzing and watching, when that band exploded this morning around 4 it was very special. I called our dispatch center and they said conditions on the highways were bad. Chief of Staff cancelled work yet here I sit lol, but just waiting for finance to repair their computers so they can work offsite

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just had a great feeling last night when banding set up and the winds were howling in the band, watching how radar was congealing and satellite, surface data was coming together. I think I slept 2 hrs hyper analyzing and watching, when that band exploded this morning around 4 it was very special. I called our dispatch center and they said conditions on the highways were bad. Chief of Staff cancelled work yet here I sit lol, but just waiting for finance to repair their computers so they can work offsite

you think they might hit 10 somewhere down there like right on 78?

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

We have had more systems this year work out for the better then for the worse, The next couple weeks should produce, Just need to wait on details as to how much.

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I bet somewhere in C/W RI may have.  

We came very close...  (I'm about 3 miles southeast of the Rte.1/Rte78 intersection)

I measured between 8.5 and 9 in about 5 spots - none of which were cleared anytime during the accumulating snow and were protected from drifting. (very light snow is still falling).

Archived