Weathernoob335
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

0.0 flakes

Snow is nice, but not having to clean it up is nice too.

I was just thinking that.   I love snow and hate missing events but didn't really need it during the work week this week.  Dry roads, dry boots, dry dogs and happy shoulders and back. 

Congrats to all who scored.  Absolute fluff bomb for many.  

14 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I was just thinking that.   I love snow and hate missing events but didn't really need it during the work week this week.  Dry roads, dry boots, dry dogs and happy shoulders and back. 

Congrats to all who scored.  Absolute fluff bomb for many.  

Yeah...I mean give me 12" of snow any day. But I'll take a complete whiff over the 1/4" sleet, 1/4" ZR, 1/2" rain crap we had the other day.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kinda catching up...how are reliable w.e. obs matching up against the QPF consensus? With these ratios I assume most of the positive bust is just on the snow side and notsomuch the QPF.

Ratios def made up most of the bust, but the QPF was still too paltry. I have prob around 0.20-0.25" of qpf here. Most guidance was probably about half that. NAM gave me no measurable, lol.

Just now, dendrite said:

Kinda catching up...how are reliable w.e. obs matching up against the QPF consensus? With these ratios I assume most of the positive bust is just on the snow side and notsomuch the QPF.

Don't think we were as high as Ryan's post here, but we were probably in the 18-20:1 range which is much higher than we typically are.  So I think the models busted a little low on QPF based on that. 

10 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Northerly winds are enhancing the snow band over the Cape, ocean effect is being produced currently.  Perhaps the heaviest snow of the storm right now and our best storm of the season so far

Congrats, go out and enjoy it!

Archived