Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, CT Rain said:

I'm glad it's a POS system in general and I never spent much time on it... but from what I did see this was a pretty abysmal performance by almost every model.

Seems like the ensembles showed the uncertainty all along with a lot of spread. 

Interestingly UKMET was consistently NW of almost every operational model with NW extent of decent (5-10 mm) QPF.  I wonder if ratios will be significantly higher than 10 to 1 in this one given that sfc temps were cooler than expected, there is decent lift in SG zone, and winds not too strong.

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Just woke to a smidge under 4" and ripping here in Brooklyn.  Overperformer FTW. Norwich must be getting it good...Kids do not have school at NFA.

Will be interesting to see the difference as I drive into Manchester in a few minutes.

Love it dude  absolutely one of the best  breaks we have gotten  easy 4 now ,dumping high ratio stuff. Work cancelled.  We party.  EPO is your friend  We love the Tony storm thanks. Credit to Anthony for ignoring the negative nellies

16 minutes ago, jconsor said:

Interestingly UKMET was consistently NW of almost every operational model with NW extent of decent (5-10 mm) QPF.  I wonder if ratios will be significantly higher than 10 to 1 in this one given that sfc temps were cooler than expected, there is decent lift in SG zone, and winds not too strong.

I saw a few mets toss the GFS yesterday with 700 overhead. Turns out it was the only model to see it. Ukie was good on qpf

Archived