Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I appreciate any snows. My point earlier is not that I dont have joy in it falling....But a dusting for me in Feb after tracking it for 5 days, just doesn’t rub me the right way. I havent had 18”+ since 2011, so I jones for it even more every season and after every bust....that much more. 

Would you consider this "a bust" though?  The models corrected themselves pretty quickly and really only showed one real run of widespread fun.   

It's trust in any region of New England to trust the models, even short term with the fast flow and multiple shortwaves populating the different streams.  The guidance is all over the place in every event lately.

I'm pretty much right in the heart of the band just east of the ORH county/Middlesex county line and the dendrites are really good. At first you could still tell the dry air was eating away at the flakes because there were some degraded ones mixed in but it's been steadily improving for the past 20-30 min. 

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Would you consider this "a bust" though?  The models corrected themselves pretty quickly and really only showed one real run of widespread fun.   

It's trust in any region of New England to trust the models, even short term with the fast flow and multiple shortwaves populating the different streams.  The guidance is all over the place in every event lately.

Oh, this not a bust, no way. I never expected more than an inch. I Was referring to Jan 15 and March 17 (to a lesser extent) which makes me crave to chase the big one even that much more. 

It’s like the red sox not winning the WS for decades and they have go down 3-0 in the acls to finally turn the corner...

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

That band has been from near Ginxy right through my BY in southwest middlesex county near the ORH county line

Jan29_1040pmRadar.gif

And it looks like the stuff coming up is going to hit those same areas.

Fail here...  but I feel for those areas around the canal... pegged to do fairly well in this system regardless of track... and now it seems they may see little or no snow.

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Yeah I'm bumping up E CT to 1"-2"... I wonder if that's enough? 

This has the look of some lucky areas getting a 4 spot...but I'm worried that the stuff will just fall apart if there's too much ML dry air trying to eat it up. Kind of annoying from a nowcast perspective.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That band was evident in the Euro H7 RH fields...that's why I had the 1-3" nw of Boston.

Hope it works out.

How much do you have?

At least a half inch...prob more as it's going pretty good now. Esp the past 20-25 min. It's really high ratio stuff. Good dendrites. Prob will pick up 2 inches easily if this can keep up another 2 hours.

Archived