Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

You looking at B/W images so you can't reference to radar?

Yeah the black and white images are all I saw so far. But it's pretty darn dry.

I'm guessing it thinks the dry air wins out. It clearly is "trying" to develop some weak deformation/Fronto to the west...and it did expand the QPF westward, but there's no meatier totals in there. Mostly 0.03-0.10 stuff...maybe 0.20 once down into SE MA and a bit more on the Cape. I'm not sure though...the low levels are pretty saturated already from hours of onshore flow. We just need to get between 700-900 saturated. Interesting nowcast.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the black and white images are all I saw so far. But it's pretty darn dry.

I'm guessing it thinks the dry air wins out. It clearly is "trying" to develop some weak deformation/Fronto to the west...and it did expand the QPF westward, but there's no meatier totals in there. Mostly 0.03-0.10 stuff...maybe 0.20 once down into SE MA and a bit more on the Cape. I'm not sure though...the low levels are pretty saturated already from hours of onshore flow. We just need to get between 700-900 saturated. Interesting nowcast.

Yeah, you can see the band developing on radar so we will see if it dries up as the Meso insist or the globals win out.  I'm shooting for around 0.2 to 0.3 melted equiv here which would pump out about 2-5" depending upon ratios.  Thinking like BOX with 15:1.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Temp had really dropped. Down to 31.6

21 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

It's been pretty gusty here all day. I was outside making sure the grill.cover was tied down tight, and it's the type of wind that just cut through your clothes and chills you to the bone

Pretty stormy down the coast with winds gusting near 40 near ACY. Surprise ULL near a foot snows in Michigan, pretty volatile setup

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The models have been spreading the lighter precip further west today, but cutting back on the totals in SE MA closer to the meat of it. Almost like C-2" out to ORH and central CT and maybe 2-4" fpr SE areas.

Seems somewhat likely there’s a fairly wide zone of 1-2” spot 3” from say HFD to PVD/ORH triangle

Archived