Weathernoob335
January 29/30 snow event

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's like the animal house combo. 

Yeah they get loaded on booze and then go all Ron Washington on us. Sometimes they can lead steep trends though...ala 2/5/16. Euro and GFS were def slower than the John Belushi contingent. 

WWA's for south shore, southern Plymouth and the Cape for 2-4" locally higher. Wouldn't be surprised to see those expanded NW a tier but I wouldn't pull the trigger yet given what we've seen so far - I really want to see one more tick west before I get excited for anything more than some SHSN here.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

At this point it's more identifying which guidance is correct. I'm not sure I'd run with the RGEM. 

I will say this winter has given no clear "winner" in terms of guidance.... there's been no model that has been schooling the others so you can't really lean on anything.

The EURO hasn't felt like a King, the GFS who knows, maybe the NAM scores the coup once in a while, the RGEM has been all over the place, etc.  It's been a crazy winter for wild swings in models.

Wow BOX took all mention of snow out the hartford zone and slight chance for OKX in CT. 

For people saying they aren't buying the 18Z rgem/nam, the forecast most likely only included the 12z suite, those models were just coming out after their forecasts were just being finalized, i.e. zones, grids, maps, headlines were on the streets...

Archived