Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1st-2nd 2018 Potential Snow Event.

John1122

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The snow is impressively heavy when you get under it. Big ol silver dollars that just dump down on you. It's over here now. Probably 3 inches fell and 1.5 stuck. It's been a long slow process but I'm now over 5 inches on the year, making it a better year than last, so I'm not going to set another record for lack of snow.  But probably will set one for least snow in a winter that was below normal on temps.

25 minutes ago, Runman292 said:

Not even a trace in South Knoxville. It stayed as a mix through the end. :(

Yeah I never even saw any fatty flakes.  Just a light to moderate slop.  Schools may even run on time despite the temps crashing later.  Still at 37 degrees here lol.

5 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Last gasp here with flurries. Really interesting on the surface temps around the region. After falling rapidly with the column, it leveled off at 32° here in TRI. Surface flow is driving down through SE KY though. It's 22° in London. Surfaces should be fun in the morning.

Warmer air still hanging on in the central valley with many still at 36-37 degrees at 2am according to wunderground.  This is not unlike the SREF depiction from days ago.  I like the 'NAM ensembles' for short term accuracy these days.

North Johnson City registered a heavy dusting.  South Johnson City looked to have registered a light dusting (as well as Erwin).  I noticed temperatures leaving Erwin yesterday were around 55 (5:30 PM) degrees.  Going through JC the temperature dropped to 51 in south JC, 49 in the heart of JC, and 47 in north JC.  Quite the difference that ended up showing in the snow department.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived