Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1st-2nd 2018 Potential Snow Event.

John1122

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

Snow line is still at 2000' here currently...slowly lowering. Great thing about living on Skyway. 15 mins to go from 900'-3000+'

That's good to know, I'm at 1100' on a hill in Farragut.  It will be interesting to see what happens when your snowline gets to ~1000' for comparative purposes.

1 minute ago, BhamParker said:

Hey Fellas, I am from Birmingham Alabama and came up to Gatlinburg today with my wife. We are sitting at 2800 feet overlooking Gatlinburg off of Ski Mountain Road. We just changed to sleet at the moment. 

That's about the same here...right around 2500' was where change over was happening 

Hey Fellas, I am from Birmingham Alabama and came up to Gatlinburg today with my wife. We are sitting at 2800 feet overlooking Gatlinburg off of Ski Mountain Road. We just changed to sleet at the moment. 

You are in for a treat. I’ve been stuck up there and Wears Valley several times but the roads should be ok by tomorrow afternoon up there.

6 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I think he does better than that IMO. NW flow might give him several more hours of snow. The rain that moved through Knoxville a hour or so ago was pretty heavy. It was beating on the garage door.

Yeah I agree, was conservative estimate lol. Didn't wanna get hopes too high, but potential is def there for more.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived