Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2018 Model thread

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's slim pickings until mid Feb, maybe we could get lucky before then. I could see a light event sneak in there given we'll be on the edge of the cold. 

The good stuff will be from mid Feb through early March (could easily pick up 18"+ in that period alone). 

You sure about that lol?  I mean I hope so, but it's hard to make any firm statements that far ahead.

There are multiple threats in the pattern and P type issues should never be a focus when looking at 132 hour and 186 hour OP runs.

6 hours ago Sundays SW was OTS , how can anyone tell what these are yet.

There may be 2 E/C systems over the next 8 days in a - EPO pattern with a full latitude W ridge.

Nothing more.

11 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Seriously ?

Haven't you learned from yesterday's storm ?

That guy will never learn I put his weather intelligence on the same level as snowman and redbank for now we wait and see there is a potential February really delivers. Wish -NAO would be in place to slow down the pattern and amplify these systems therefore resulting a more dynamic pattern. Maybe he’s just being a troll to piss everyone else off. Ur not pissing anyone off you’re the laughing stock here you clearly said we wouldn’t get snow until mid February Anthony said watch the end of January. Everyone thought we were done with accumulating snow for January Anthony you and Paul are gifted. 

Not sure how this weekend or early next week is a good pattern for the interior. It's a relatively flat, progressive trough which favors out to sea or a coastal scraper. I'm surprised that the globals are throwing that much precip back into the interior given the track and not overly favorable jet orientation. 

10 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Not sure how this weekend or early next week is a good pattern for the interior. It's a relatively flat, progressive trough which favors out to sea or a coastal scraper. I'm surprised that the globals are throwing that much precip back into the interior given the track and not overly favorable jet orientation. 

Even if this thing is a classic benchmark track I’m not all that convinced anyone sees snow.  That preceding low results in no Quebec high pressure and just a lousy air mass.  Mid week may stand a better shot.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see this system trend weaker today or tomorrow as has been the case most of the winter   

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Even if this thing is a classic benchmark track I’m not all that convinced anyone sees snow.  That preceding low results in no Quebec high pressure and just a lousy air mass.  Mid week may stand a better shot.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see this system trend weaker today or tomorrow as has been the case most of the winter   

Agreed, you're missing that injection of arctic air. The cold air filters in behind the system as the trough pulls northeast.

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Rgem looks similar to other guidance, favors interior as of now for some light snow 5cgikp.jpg

Isnt this the 0Z CMC? Looks like a great LP track for 95 actually...Will depend on where the HP is setup over eastern Canada and it can hold or if it gets pushed east.

So the reason why the mid-levels are so warm, as @Enigma mentioned, the mid-level cyclones are tucked into the coast. The centers form over the Demarva region and then track Northeast. Even though the SLP is further offshore, it doesn't matter. In reality, if the mid-level centers were closer to the SLP track it would deliver a colder but much drier solution. 

sketched_5a71dff148bdb.png

sketched_5a71e052b1f3f.png

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It still only runs out to 84hrs I believe. You posted hour 126. Don't blame me for your assumptions. 

from what ive seen posted it runs the full set 120hr on 06/18z but i could be wrong, if anyone could find information otherwise to confirm is actual run time that would be great, cause i cant find any official confirmations that it runs to 84 either

Archived