Weathernoob335
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, scoob40 said:

CEF has 31 per ABC 40. I have 30.

cef always has more unless it is a really southern tracking system where in a very few cases i have done better such as 1/27/11

i say that i am a min within a min...even out towards sixteen acres and indian orchard/wilbraham it seems like they will get a little more each event or most events

Hey [mention=168]Hazey[/mention], what would you say the average snowfall is around Lunenburg? 

I don't have the stats for that area but ~50" is in the ballpark. Lunenburg is right on the water on the south shore. That area would normally receive less than inland locations due to marine influence. Would be somewhat similar to say Boston vs Harwich but that being said, they can get hit hard depending on the pattern just like the Cape can.

12 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Yeah, let's NOT do March 2012.  It took me many years to recover from that maple season.  It's all well and good but some people depend on certain weather conditions and March 2012 was NOT it. 

I'll sign that.  We had several thousand cords stranded on winter roads that month.  Fortunately there was sufficient warning to get all the hardwood logs and veneer trucked.  Having that degrade to pulpwood would've cost about 95% of its value, while the stuff actually stranded lost maybe a third of its value by the time it was retrieved the following December.

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fugly for mid-February

Worst since 2012 for this time of winter...but even in decent La Ninas it sometimes happens....2009 was kind of similar though maybe slightly better for Feb 12th pack. We've had some big early/mid Februarys though in recent years. Even 2016 had some events in the first half of the month....and last year's torch was preceded by multiple large events. NNE was def worse in 2016 though than SNE relative to climo.

But yeah, this is not far from our peak snowpack climo....ugly indeed.

31 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Worst since 2012 for this time of winter...but even in decent La Ninas it sometimes happens....2009 was kind of similar though maybe slightly better for Feb 12th pack. We've had some big early/mid Februarys though in recent years. Even 2016 had some events in the first half of the month....and last year's torch was preceded by multiple large events. NNE was def worse in 2016 though than SNE relative to climo.

Lots of ice in yards 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interior winter

Archived