Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mreaves said:

How accurate do we think this is? I think its pretty good in my area, the 65" near MPV.  

Snowfall.png

Yeah I believe I'm at 71".  

J.Spin is near 100".

No map will get the gradient around here completely but overall that's pretty darn accurate looking.  Lamoille County here has a range of like 60" to 150" right now which it actually shows decently.

19 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Seems about right for MHT-CON-DAW triangle. 45-55" range.

You're definitely doing a little better this season, a couple of those earlier events were better to the ENE. Im only at 40" ( a little south of MHT) and I think you posted 51". We probably average only a few inches apart

8 hours ago, mreaves said:

How accurate do we think this is? I think its pretty good in my area, the 65" near MPV.  

Snowfall.png

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I believe I'm at 71".  

J.Spin is near 100".

No map will get the gradient around here completely but overall that's pretty darn accurate looking.  Lamoille County here has a range of like 60" to 150" right now which it actually shows decently.

Well, it’s sort of hard to go wrong with the way the scale gets compressed on the higher end (it seems like that darkest green basically covers the entire range from ~80” to ~120”), but it’s looking good here based on what can be seen on that level of zoom.  There’s no major break in the coloring along the spine for the entire length along the eastern edge of Chittenden County, and that would jive nicely with the ~100” I’ve recorded here.

9 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Is the 130" on that map the summit or an estimated amount near the Presidential Range?  Often wondered how snowfall is measure accurately on the summit of Mt Washington with rime and wind?

That's definitely their point for the summit, but it is not their total for the season so far, so my guess is there is some smoothing going on to make the map look pretty. 

Archived