SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40/25 here ... It was 20/11 last night at 12 a.m. ... (Here being Ayer Mass ...eastern end of Rt poop).

This flip around jazz remains me of 1994, January...  I've sojourned that ordeal plenty, but that one flipped conditions around inside of 10 hours, to the tune of 50 F !  ... 9/7 at dawn was 60/57 with southerly gales by 10 pm that evening, ...most importantly, outside of mountain Meteorology and on the coastal plain down here in eastern SNE.  Pretty amazing. 

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

32.8F and OVC. Next batch will probably be a few flakes to start and then the dreaded cold rain.

Creeping up.   30.5F.  Snow sky and radar shows its snowing but I can look 35 miles SW and see the Sunapee so nothing reaching the ground.  Interesting that earlier this AM with lower dews we got about 1/4" of snow.  Then some breaks of sun and now getting darker.  I'm kind of expecting hours of mix.  Sometimes it more fun to be right on the line than a straight dry snow.  I'm sure I'm in the minority about this but in an area that gets average snowfall around 80" mix storms are interesting...

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, over 1" here now.  Looks like 34 on the mercury here.   Best dendrites of the season, everything plastered, just a memory in the morning though.

We'll wind up with wall-to-wall crust after the refreeze.  I'm surprised you're at 34, Rt was snow-covered all the way from Big Y, I'd have guessed you were AOB 32.

30.6*

Archived