Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/25/2018 at 11:51 AM, amarshall said:

F here. 14"  Little screw zone in eastern PYM county. 

Except we aren't really a screw zone...it's our climatology because of the ocean and the extremely low/Flat geographical area, ie the coastal plain. And the fact we have some latitude that keeps us from getting good snows from suppressed storms. This area is not the place to live if you are a snow lover. It never will be. This isn't a fluke year. It is just how it is. Maybe every so many decades we get a 2005 set up, but that's is not the norm, not even close

19 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Except we aren't really a screw zone...it's our climatology because of the ocean and the extremely low/Flat geographical area, ie the coastal plain. And the fact we have some latitude that keeps us from getting good snows from suppressed storms. This area is not the place to live if you are a snow lover. It never will be. This isn't a fluke year. It is just how it is. Maybe every so many decades we get a 2005 set up, but that's is not the norm, not even close

No you got screwed. Your climo is probably 35-37”  or so. Not 14”. 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

If nothing really materializes in next week or so, I say pack it in. Nothing but suckage since early Jan.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've actually had a couple of good weekend rides from home but it has sucked for a bit and looks to continue to suck for a while.

For those of you with AcuRite weather stations they are discontinuing the old smart hub and you have to buy a new hub. You can get it for $39.99 with the below coupon code. Its normally $129.99. I read the new one is way better. It now supports much quicker data to Wunderground including wind gusts. I have been really happy with my 5in1 for the past couple years.

https://www.acurite.com/access-my-acurite-remote-monitoring.html

As a valued customer—we’d like to share an important product update with you. With the recent release of the new AcuRite® Access™, we have discontinued the AcuRite smartHUB and will be ending support and service for the smartHUB effective August 31, 2018.

Over the last month we have been communicating with customers who use the AcuRite smartHUB with an upgrade offer to the new AcuRite Access. If you haven’t already, you can upgrade to AcuRite Access with special pricing of $39.99 plus tax and shipping through March 31, 2018 (a $90 savings). Simply go to the AcuRite Access product page on AcuRite.com, click “Add To Cart” then go to your shopping cart. Once in the shopping cart you can use your unique coupon code: AUWOMG-S2W6 to purchase your AcuRite Access at this one-time upgrade price

5 hours ago, BrianW said:

For those of you with AcuRite weather stations they are discontinuing the old smart hub and you have to buy a new hub. You can get it for $39.99 with the below coupon code. Its normally $129.99. I read the new one is way better. It now supports much quicker data to Wunderground including wind gusts. I have been really happy with my 5in1 for the past couple years.

https://www.acurite.com/access-my-acurite-remote-monitoring.html

As a valued customer—we’d like to share an important product update with you. With the recent release of the new AcuRite® Access™, we have discontinued the AcuRite smartHUB and will be ending support and service for the smartHUB effective August 31, 2018.

Over the last month we have been communicating with customers who use the AcuRite smartHUB with an upgrade offer to the new AcuRite Access. If you haven’t already, you can upgrade to AcuRite Access with special pricing of $39.99 plus tax and shipping through March 31, 2018 (a $90 savings). Simply go to the AcuRite Access product page on AcuRite.com, click “Add To Cart” then go to your shopping cart. Once in the shopping cart you can use your unique coupon code: AUWOMG-S2W6 to purchase your AcuRite Access at this one-time upgrade price

HA.... got a weather station with the smart hub for Christmas... haven’t even set it up yet and looks like I have to buy an upgrade part.

Im kind of confused by what they mean though? Will it still be operational, they just won’t deal with issues or repairs for it?

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Had my first ever February tick today.  I was out cutting brush but still, early.  They are the year round pest now.

They had a segment on the local news last night. The state lab had 40 ticks they were testing from human tick bites from just  the last 2 days. They are out in full force already 

Archived