Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it bothers me - it really does.  I'm heavy...  I feel we live and breath next to a growing mass of spirits that embrace the preposterous prior to reason, and are wanton to the erosion of rationalism in lieu of their special interests -

Losing any great icon of intellectual prowess in such risky eras wounds

6 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

News said he died in the early morning hours of march 14. National pi day was today so if those reports are actually correct he did pass on National Pi Day as ironic as it is

Yeah. I am noticing that.  When I first read the reports it sad March 13th, now it seems the14th is it.  Maybe he died at 12:01 or something like that.

Damn, huge pedestrian collapses at FIU Florida Miami Dade County. The bridge was just put in place last Saturday. Was touted as the most advanced construction and was almost indestructible, could withstand a cat 5 hurricane. It spanned a huge 10 lane highway, 5 lanes in each direction.

11 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Damn, huge pedestrian collapses at FIU Florida Miami Dade County. The bridge was just put in place last Saturday. Was touted as the most advanced construction and was almost indestructible, could withstand a cat 5 hurricane. It spanned a huge 10 lane highway, 5 lanes in each direction.

that's what they said about the unsinkable Titanic

Wow, we lost a great physicist, love his role in the "Big Bang Theory" his scenes were perfect, the writers did a tremendous job with him and Sheldon in the show.  I honestly never took physics, I unfortunately had an inexperienced guidance counselor in high school so I never took Physics and calculus in high school to prepare me for meteorology in college,  but my life has led me to the art of writing and I wouldn't want anything else in the world.  Forkyfork has an offer by me to become my editor, I hope he accepts, instead of his critiques I could learn from him to become a better version of myself in the writing universe, constructive, I don't mind him saying it needs work, just let me know how I can get there

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well 19 inches plus, living on a hill with late sun and lots of woods versus flat open south facing yard. And a dew temp range from 28 at midnight to current 18 of course 

Which direction does your hill face? Mine is due north and it does seem to make a difference in solar absorption

That stuff was def blower. My depth is down to about 14-16" but it's a total man pack now. We already still had about 5" of cement before the big one so the stuff that is currently on the ground is gonna be tough to erode. 

Archived