Newest Member
    joxey
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, powderfreak said:

Is this more rare than the 60s on Christmas back in 2015?  

I feel like we get one of these wow torches every year at some point now, ha.  

From a whole column standpoint, this is uncharted territory. KBOS should shatter all time record I think. That was 73 set last year. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

From a whole column standpoint, this is uncharted territory. KBOS should shatter all time record I think. That was 73 set last year. 

I forget what the 850s were last year. Can't get it to load on ewall. I hit 71F. Should beat that today 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Crazy yeah seeing Ryan's graphic... but yeah it seems we have one of these almost every winter, ha.  Just beating records set in recent years.  

Up here I'd be curious to see number of times say MVL exceeds 55F in the winter, 60F would probably be a narrower group.  Seems like once a winter at least.  

Good thing is we should be able to enjoy it today unlike yesterday trapped in the mank under the inversion.

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Still some amazing temp changes out there with 30s in the hollows and valleys while it's 50-60F just off the deck.

Montpelier proper in the 30s but the airport on the hill is like 20F warmer.

IMG_8595.PNG

low of 36 this morning here:

https://www.weatherlink.com/user/noreaster27

with torched 850s

46 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Does this suck? Or does it rule? I can't decide. 

It definitely doesn’t rule. It’s scary and hard to sit with. Obviously practically, 72 degrees is delightful. But in Feb is off putting. Call me a weenie, but it’s the beginning of some massive changes that are going to start happening rapidly.

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shut downs?

Not having snowmaking in this current climate will lead to shut em down status.  Like talking about earlier, every winter now seems to have some record warmth at some point.  

MRG is an easy target in these patterns to show the "dire" situation lol.  

Archived