Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid Winter Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

dryslot

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was up from 2:00 am on that one. As I’ve stated 10x. My neighbor went into labor and the town trucks had to plow their driveway as the paramedics got stuck 

ha, i knew id get a response...that one always gets you.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Spent way too much money on entertainment lol back in the wild days. Going across the border then was like going through easy pass.

I remember coming back from Sherbrooke one late, late night through Averill, VT. We waited at the border crossing for something like 5 or 10 minutes before the border guard stuck his head out the door, asked where were headed and waved us through. He never even came out of the building. I remember joking then, 10 years before 9/11 about terrorists being able to sneak in. 

37 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I'd move to CYUL in a minute

2 years in a row I have taken my kids to Montreal during the summer for 3 nights each time.  First year was during a native festival.  And last year happened to be during their pride week.  Both times we stayed at the same hotel in the heart of the Quatier Des Spectacles. We rented bikes and rode for miles upon miles in the city, day and night.  My daughter is all about human rights and loved strolling through the Gay Village district during some of the celebrations.  That district is colorful and welcoming to all.  It's like walking through P-town but the urban version.  I don't judge or give a sh*t where I am as long as I am having a good time, and the people there are very friendly.  Once the kids were asleep, I would go out to to where some of the rock/ metal bars were and just chill and listen to music...I think along Boul St. Laurent.    
I really enjoy Montreal very much.

Edit:  I could not believe how open they city is with the strip clubs every where along Rue Saint Catherine.  If I was younger my head would have exploded with all of that.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack  

Mms_2017-08-25_08_49_04.jpg

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I remember coming back from Sherbrooke one late, late night through Averill, VT. We waited at the border crossing for something like 5 or 10 minutes before the border guard stuck his head out the door, asked where were headed and waved us through. He never even came out of the building. I remember joking then, 10 years before 9/11 about terrorists being able to sneak in. 

Lyndon State 96'97. Caravans of college students always heading to Sherbrooke/magog. Super easy to go in and out of the US. Not any more.

15 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

2 years in a row I have taken my kids to Montreal during the summer for 3 nights each time.  First year was during a native festival.  And last year happened to be during their pride week.  Both times we stayed at the same hotel in the heart of the Quatier Des Spectacles. We rented bikes and rode for miles upon miles in the city, day and night.  My daughter is all about human rights and loved strolling through the Gay Village district during some of the celebrations.  That district is colorful and welcoming to all.  It's like walking through P-town but the urban version.  I don't judge or give a sh*t where I am as long as I am having a good time, and the people there are very friendly.  Once the kids were asleep, I would go out to to where some of the rock/ metal bars were and just chill and listen to music...I think along Boul St. Laurent.    

Edit:  I could not believe how open they city is with the strip clubs every where along Rue Saint Catherine.  If I was younger my head would have exploded with all of that.

It was basically a rite of passage heading to St. Catherine St. as a teenager growing up in northern VT and it did blow my mind. It’s cleaned up a lot over the years like a lot of urban red light districts but it is still fun.  Definitely near the top of my list for cities. Was at the top until I visited London this summer and I think that has edged Montreal out by a tiny bit but I need more experience there to be certain. 

31 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Mms_2017-08-25_08_49_04.jpg

Yeah the gay village is great. Lots of fun bars and restaurants. We stopped into one karaoke bar on New Years for a drink around 10 p.m. last year and wound up staying all night. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This date has some nice anniversaries. 3 years ago was the overachieving SWFE/redeveloped with mini CCB. Mix line never even made it even close to BOS.

7 years ago was the peak depth for many of us. Got a nice FB reminder of that. 

Thunder snow squall windex event in 2001 on this date. Preceded the big Feb 5 storm.

Archived