Dano62
January 29-30th Rain/Flurries coastal and IVT

WxUSAF

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I didn't have a Single flake that I can tell. What a winter

Wow. You guys can't buy a flake. Unreal. Even my snowhole neighborhood had a solid dusting. It's laughable. My friends in central/eastern LI backed into 5-8 inches...by accident. 

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I was surprised how much less it was when I got onto 83 which is just a few miles away. Probably one of those elevation events.

makes sense. wasn't trying to doubt your measurement, but i doubt there is even a quarter inch here at the office. 

at home though, my husband measured 1.3" with snow still falling. 

3 hours ago, kdskidoo said:

yes it did, remember it well here in central PA.  had the blizzard and a few days later got 17" from the followup storm.

I was in college just a bit up Rt. 15 from you that winter. Coming back for second semester was a blast. 15 was only one lane either way with snow banks 6-8' high. Trying to walk into my fraternity house was nearly an exercise in futility since the snow was almost up to our hips. Pretty awesome.

Then it torched, and Lewisburg flooded. :lol:

Edit: I'm reminiscing because I got jack s*** from this "event."

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Just some weak sauce wet snow here, barely a coating. Pretty much skipped over mby, but radar really blossoming just east of me in DE (of course). Nice bands setting up there. Looks like SE PA, DE and SNJ might be in for some norlun love late this morning into early afternoon.

Rare IVT win locally measured 1.4" and still snowing and 33F. Nickel and dimeing my way through not as good as peeps to my northeast although about 3" above normal winter to date.

39 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Still light snow here in 21057

Love the Glen Arm area. Grew up right down the road in Cub Hill/Carney. Was actually a nice little snow spot for big storms. How much do you have on the ground over there?

Edit: About 0.4" near Laytonsville. Likely a few flakes flying around outside, but can't tell at work. 

8 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Love the Glen Arm area. Grew up right down the road in Cub Hill/Carney. Was actually a nice little snow spot for big storms. How much do you have on the ground over there?

Edit: About 0.4" near Laytonsville. Likely a few flakes flying around outside, but can't tell at work. 

It is a nice area... I am as far north as Glen Arm goes... Pretty close to Jacksonville.  

A nice little event... but it is melting fast

IMG_2266.jpg

53 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Rare IVT win locally measured 1.4" and still snowing and 33F. Nickel and dimeing my way through not as good as peeps to my northeast although about 3" above normal winter to date.

Nice! I saw a report of 2" in York. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived