Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Mid-Atlantic General Severe Discussion

Kmlwx

35 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

From Facebook, some photos from Martinsburg of storm damage:

ED29F614-EDE2-4747-8E33-4F08DC523D4E.jpeg.85d7c052ee57c214b2da799370a03fc7.jpeg

50282965-5534-434D-B9C2-D6ADCB3E256A.jpeg.51e4358ea2b8273bb588dd1bc395c946.jpeg

Looks like it went straight for the biggest tree in West Virginia. I think that's one of the worst hits I've seen a house take from a tree. Feel sorry for the crew who has to remove that thing.

3 hours ago, Amped said:

Looks like it went straight for the biggest tree in West Virginia. I think that's one of the worst hits I've seen a house take from a tree. Feel sorry for the crew who has to remove that thing.

I feel sorry for the family who owns that house. Hopefully they weren’t in it at the time.

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Thanks.  I must be doing something wrong because I picked 'Accumulated Total Rainfall' through 1am Saturday and it only shows ~1" in the whole area.

You aren't. Select through Sunday evening. A lot of the heavy stuff is going to fall Sat into Sun, especially northern portions. Euro thinks the heaviest rain will fall in NE MD, N DE, and esp SE PA.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You aren't. Select through Sunday evening. A lot of the heavy stuff is going to fall Sat into Sun, especially northern portions. Euro thinks the heaviest rain will fall in NE MD, N DE, and esp SE PA.

Okay I see it now....Euro has been bulls eyeing rain too far east this spring so Maybe Baltimore proper gets nailed.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Okay I see it now....Euro has been bulls eyeing rain too far east this spring so Maybe Baltimore proper gets nailed.

I dont care where it falls, as long as I miss most of it here. Was literally a swarm of mosquitoes when I opened the door on my jeep when I got home. Major uptick form yesterday. I am going to have to spray some of the nasty stuff soon.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:49 AM, mattskiva said:

I would frankly find it very surprising to learn that there are states that are more regulated than Maryland, in any capacity.  Well, maybe California, but even that has to be pretty close.

In some ways Maryland is “liberal”, but with regards to stormwater management (and other things such as tenants rights), Maryland is about as unregulated as it gets.

California is indeed better in this regard though- that’s one state I can speak with experience on.

Don’t wanna derail this thread but if you wanna take this to PM and discuss it, I will.

What an intense 30-ish hours down here in Charlottesville! Last night was absolutely insane.

The most insane thing about it is the RPM and HRRR pretty much nailed these ridiculous rain totals as the afternoon progressed. It's always tough to believe the 8-18" (HRRR had 18"... seriously), those models were spitting out, but did they verify! 

I kept watching this PWS between updating FB/Twitter last night. The highest rain rate was 7.2"/hr. I mean, WHAT!? 

It was heartbreaking when I found out about the missing person in Madison County and the 2 people near Ivy just west of Charlottesville. According to some emergency personnel, some roads were under 5-8' of water last night. That's just insane to me. If that "fire hose" had been 8 miles east, we'd be talking about a lot more deaths/missing people than we already are. 

image.thumb.png.9ce4bc8e4ae50e9eae859946ef442b8e.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cobalt said:

wow!

I am very happy about this!  Dale City DOES flood, after all!!! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT! Man I know EXACTLY where that is! That creek must have gotten too much runoff! We got absolutely waterboarded by extremely torrential rains! I was beside myself with bliss and joy! Flooding in my very own Dale City! Just what I have always dreamed of!

There's nothing, like a good flood.