Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Mid-Atlantic General Severe Discussion

Kmlwx

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Jeez.  How on Earth?

All the rain is well north of us. Models show this well, Balto gets a foot of water, we get one inch IF WE ARE LUCKY. This will be the trend most of this week. Baltimore overrun with National Guard troops as 12 inches of fresh rain flood the city, OVER ALREADY 100 PERCENT TOTALLY SATURATED GROUND, thousands of frantic urban rescues, while places like Dale City get very light rain or just turn out partly cloudy and humid. There is not enough moisture to go around. If one area gets plentiful rain, another place gets robbed. We in Dale City got robbed tonight, and we will continue to be robbed, of our rightful rains, throughout the week. In the Meantime, Baltimore wins AGAIN lol.

Thats how it works. Its feast or famine. I expect partly sunny skies in Dale City tomorrow with a 10 percent chance of a passing shower, 93 degrees again with a 68 degree dewpoint, humid as a bastard. Maybe a 40 percent chance of rain Wed night. There is only so much instability and moisture to go around. In Baltimore it will be 100 percent chance of heavy rain Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Sunday night Baltimore gets a break. Then the moisture returns, to batter Baltimore again with torrential rain Monday, Tuesday (next week), maybe even Wednesday. At least the sunshine in Dale City will give me a chance to catch up on mowing my 12 inch high front yard and my other neighbor's back yard LMAO. The models are tough on us southerners, life is not very fair, but they ARE the models and what the models say goes.

crazy pics out of frederick last night, hope everyone from here, who lives there, are okay. 

But storms like that last night are my favorite. It thundered for hours. Just long rumbles, lots of lightning. wasn't much wind with the initial thump, the hail was cool and picked up some rain, but wasn't a deluge all night. 

• Like 2

Craziness up there!  MARC train service is cancelled today due to damage to the tracks -- we'll see if they get that fixed by tomorrow.  I learned a lesson to ALWAYS bring my work laptop home, not just on Thursday nights for Friday/Monday telework.  That thing is coming home every night from now on.

No more complaining about missing rain -- I got 1.25" here which is better than I ever expected.

• Like 1

Seems like the northern folks managed best with both the severe/t-storm part and the rain. Down here, we had some lightning and thunder off and on for an hour or two but nothing crazy. Also had heavy rain for a period, but again, it was a couple hours and not consistently heavy.

What's the setup looking the remainder of the week? What a mess the infield will be at Preakness!

5 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Luckily that's in the SW part of the county well away from Frederick, easy to bypass without causing a traffic nightmare.

But of course we have more chances for flooding the next few days, in case yesterday didn't do it.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

crazy pics out of frederick last night, hope everyone from here, who lives there, are okay. 

But storms like that last night are my favorite. It thundered for hours. Just long rumbles, lots of lightning. wasn't much wind with the initial thump, the hail was cool and picked up some rain, but wasn't a deluge all night. 

I am just hoping we do not get a repeat tonight. Second night of dance recital rehearsal downtown at the Weinberg. The dressing rooms downstairs flooded last night forcing the dancers to gather up their costumes barefoot. And to make matters worse a leak opened up on the roof right over the stage resulting in the video below taken by one of the instructors. 

https://www.facebook.com/nicole.ruark/videos/1021639401234850

We are there almost till the end again tonight and I do not want to have to ever drive home in what we had last night ever again. 

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea...I saw and heard t+l for 4 hours from my yard. Last night's storm was a top 5 for me of all time. Constant Powerful lightning and thunder right overtop of me for a very  long time ...a long duration hail event( 30 minutes  ) to go with it . 2.5" of rain . Hail slightly bigger then Quarters . 

Same, I fell asleep at 11 and it was only before that when the long off rumbles finally stopped. I didn't get nearly as much rain out of it as you, but quarter size hail at least :) 

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I am just hoping we do not get a repeat tonight. Second night of dance recital rehearsal downtown at the Weinberg. The dressing rooms downstairs flooded last night forcing the dancers to gather up their costumes barefoot. And to make matters worse a leak opened up on the roof right over the stage resulting in the video below taken by one of the instructors. 

https://www.facebook.com/nicole.ruark/videos/1021639401234850

We are there almost till the end again tonight and I do not want to have to ever drive home in what we had last night ever again. 

Hugs! Hopefully it won't be too bad tonight, and the rest of the week. 

• Like 1