• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2018 Mid-Atlantic General Severe Discussion

Kmlwx

Very rare to see the dark purple rain intensity show up on the Accuweather radar grid.  There was several larges areas of it in the 8:06 radar shot around and just to the west of FDK.  The slow progression, rates and hail (clogs up drains) are gonna make a mess IVO FDK.  This could be akin to what Ellicott City experienced a few years ago.  If this keeps inching S as it backbuilds to the west Leesburg and MOCO are next...

Never seen one of these before:

"Flash Flood Emergency
Frederick County, Maryland
At 838 PM EDT, emergency management officials reported severe flooding with multiple water rescues across the area ... This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION ..."

6 minutes ago, Solo2 said:

Never seen one of these before:

"Flash Flood Emergency
Frederick County, Maryland
At 838 PM EDT, emergency management officials reported severe flooding with multiple water rescues across the area ... This is a PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION ..."

Frederick Fire running calls like crazy.  

I just got home from downtown Frederick. My daughter had her first night of dance recital rehearsal. Major flooding on going in downtown Frederick. Stuck to the higher roads and still encountered flooding. Made it home all be it carefully, never want to drive through anything like that again. My back yard station is currently at 4.38" and it is still dumping. Thunder is non stop with CG lightning off and on. 

• Thanks 2