Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2018 Mid-Atlantic General Severe Discussion

Kmlwx

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Looks wicked DC and south.  North, not so much

We just had the end of that line blow through Frederick. Dumped .36" in about 8 min. Still have rolling thunder and lightning. There are some storms developing out in front of the line also towards Baltimore. So while as not as impressive as the main part of the line to the South we did get some action. :)

• Like 2

Uh Oh, what we just got is not the main line, the main line is still to my west. Damn. I was really really hoping against hope that the storm we just got smashed by, was the main storm. Can I have my sunshine back please?

Been nice knowin y'all..................

• Like 2

I love the rain, I am so well situated, that I could yawn right thru a Houston magnitude rainstorm. Creek would never reach me, lol, tho I would happily watch it rise, while playing songs that remind me of storm surge lol. But hail and high winds get me every time and I pray against those every day, lmao

The best kind of weather, second only to a stalled out triple phaser in January that buries me with a snowy deform for days on end, would be a tropical depression that stalls over northeastern VA for a week dumping feet and feet of fresh rain on Dale City. I dont mind the 80 degree dewpoints IF I get to be waterboarded by a Houston-style biblical rainstorm that raises the creeks 20 feet over Minnieville Rd behind Giants at Center Plaza.

I LOVE a good RAGING FLOOD!

Just now, Derecho! said:

Wind very meh in Ballston  (I think being on N side of large circ cancels the wind?) No hail. 

I'm in Ballston as well and agree with the "meh" sentiment. Poured for 5 mins, a couple decent gusts but that's about it. 

Sky was really unusual as the first storm (the Charles Town cell) moved in here.  I would guess we had gusts >70mph based on past storms and what the trees did.  Very intense gusts followed by 0.89" of rain in about 30 minutes and quarter sized hail.  I think the worst of it was actually to my north, closer to Ashburn.

image1b.jpg

image2b.jpg

• Like 6

Media reports of a possible tornado south of Dulles, according to family.  Anyone else hear this?  Would make sense - hearing social media reports of trees uprooted and snapped in half in South Riding, about 5mi north of my location.  This was about an hour ago, just getting online now