• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2018 Mid-Atlantic General Severe Discussion

Kmlwx

My wife was worried about storms with my son and 9 friends out for prom tonight but the Germantown thunderstorm shield came thru perfectly.  Big boomers over and NE of the Balt area and new ones popping over DC south.  Nothing here.  Yeah I'll be cussing soon when I'm watering cracked, parched garden beds, but this worked well for us tonight.

Very wet looking pattern over the next week.  Calling it now -- less than 0.5 total here thru 7 days.

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Just wired a new home down your way...on Breezy Point..on the water . Really cooling down here ..Down to 63

We moved here in 2015 (across from North Point State Park, on the creek) I haven't figured out how to change my screen name yet, thus the MiddleRvrwx, instead of Sparrows PtWx

Pea size hail again. Temp dropped another 5 degrees. 67 now 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, yoda said:

02z HRRR brings a large complex through the region between 08z and 11z while 00z 12km NAM and 00z 3K NAM have basically nothing

while you're totally correct that the strongest signal is in the HRRR, the NAM3 does have a system arriving around the same time - it's just not quite as organized or expansive.