Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Obs

EastKnox

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Wurbus said:

I'm surprised at how much the sun is melting the snow here in Karns with the temp hovering in the upper teens to low 20's. I received about 1.5 inches and the sun is just melting anything it touches in my yard.

I think it has something to do with the low moisture content, but yeah. Same here.

17 minutes ago, Jed33 said:

I think it has something to do with the low moisture content, but yeah. Same here.

Yeah, I guess we aren't use to these low moisture, high ratio content snows. High ratios are nice for accumulation, but doesn't stick around very long.

14 minutes ago, Knoxtron said:

Probably should use false color due to clouds, but what a beautiful snow for most of the state!

Today.jpg

Yeah that big dry finger was oddly the area where alot of pwat depictions were showing up great on the models.  It tried hard last night to fill it in but we were off by what seemed like mere hours, as by the time the gulf tried to reconnect and push nice bands through it, the storm/front was too far east...i can see why the short term models struggled at times.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

GOES-16 is amazing! Anybody look at GOES-16 daytime micro RGB? Snow shows red to really stand out. However I think the hi-res VIS is still most beautiful. Carolina Crusher!

20 hours ago, Knoxtron said:

Probably should use false color due to clouds, but what a beautiful snow for most of the state!

Archived