Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Obs

EastKnox

10 minutes ago, Kasper said:

This has been a really weird snow. I figured it would be a powdery snow as the temp has dropped to 24 but it sounds like sleet outside. The flakes on the ground feel and look like sleet as well. Any explanation y’all?

e2c361a9a2f97d527669efc5fe06954c.jpg

That looks too dense to just be snow Pixie dust is usually very light and fluffy. I don't know what you would call that or what would cause it, especially at these temps.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Any obs from Chatt?  That sure looks like a decent bit of returns there.

Still nothing. Just bone chillling cold. All of the snow that was on the roads has turned to black ice. It’s very slippery right now. 

I think that band must be virga. I’m right under it and there is no ground truth. 

Okay took a little cat nap and woke up and it’s ripping little tiny flakes now. These are the normal high ratio powdery flakes unlike earlier. 19 degrees and the best rates of the event so far. There is a strip of snow that is connected all the way to the Gulf. Haven’t seen that in a long time.

7 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

Okay took a little cat nap and woke up and it’s ripping little tiny flakes now. These are the normal high ratio powdery flakes unlike earlier. 19 degrees and the best rates of the event so far. There is a strip of snow that is connected all the way to the Gulf. Haven’t seen that in a long time.

Same here. We are finally getting the high ratio snow now. The last hour has been the heaviest snow of the night in Greene Co.

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

The chill is real back behind the system. I'm already at 8 degrees.  

I'm showing 17 at the house.  With a high of 23 here tomorrow I'm wondering how the morning commute will be like.  Bet UT at least goes with a 10am opening.  It was funny, they sent out a big message saying "UT IS OFFICIALLY CLOSING AT 5PM" today.  I was like, well thanks for closing right at quitting time!  

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived