Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Obs

EastKnox

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

More redevelopment to the WNW of Birmingham with a small piece of energy rotating around...think it will be too late for the eastern valley unless the front stalled again.

I think this could benefit me and you both Tellico. Snow appears to be moving back into Chattanooga. Check the Peachtree City radar out.

47 minutes ago, TellicoWx said:

More redevelopment to the WNW of Birmingham with a small piece of energy rotating around...think it will be too late for the eastern valley unless the front stalled again.

Tellico, you’re right nice piece of energy entering the Southern Valley! 

Absent some miracle, ill struggle to reach a half inch just north of kingsport...kind of pitiful really, roads arent even covered.  Storm time arrival at peak warmth didnt help, it took a long time to start sticking.

20 minutes ago, Bango said:
Absent some miracle, ill struggle to reach a half inch just north of kingsport...kind of pitiful really, roads arent even covered.  Storm time arrival at peak warmth didnt help, it took a long time to start sticking.

It's not over. There is still a moisture feed coming up out of Alabama that should bend over the NETN Valley and Holston tributaries around midnight. In the short-term, there's a nice band moving close to you.

Edit: Like I said earlier, I don't know if TRI will reach 3". I have about 1/2" right now. It'll be close.

206e542db6bdcff83cf12fe28f778fc5.gif

4 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

It's not over. There is still a moisture feed coming up out of Alabama that should bend over the NETN Valley and Holston tributaries around midnight. In the shorterm, there's a nice band moving close to you:206e542db6bdcff83cf12fe28f778fc5.gif

You maybe right, my **** radar appears to not be of the quality that shows. I would almost swear we sleeted for awhile here as well...

You maybe right, my **** radar appears to not be of the quality that shows. I would almost swear we sleeted for awhile here as well...

This has been a really weird snow. I figured it would be a powdery snow as the temp has dropped to 24 but it sounds like sleet outside. The flakes on the ground feel and look like sleet as well. Any explanation y’all?

e2c361a9a2f97d527669efc5fe06954c.jpg

1 minute ago, 1234snow said:

This has been a really weird snow. I figured it would be a powdery snow as the temp has dropped to 24 but it sounds like sleet outside. The flakes on the ground feel and look like sleet as well. Any explanation y’all?

e2c361a9a2f97d527669efc5fe06954c.jpg

As Jeff would say that’s “pixie dust” very fine powder probably 20:1 ratio stuff, the kind the slopes love! 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived