Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 15-16 Arctic Boundary Obs

EastKnox

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

16, light to moderate snow falling still looks like maybe another hour to go. I may get to 2 inches. The heavy band oriented just north and west of here and northern Whitley county basically doubled totals here. It wasn't a monster for folks in east Tennessee but it was something at least with 60 degree temps looming. Winter may have a few more shots to fire too. 

Got about an inch and a quarter but getting heavier snow again sitting at 20.  Roads around here treated with Brine are now turning white, untreated roads of course are really bad.  Back edge of the last band shows getting closer to me using BNA radar, but I suspect the back edge is a little further back than radar is showing due to BNA being so far away.  Would bet its at least 20 miles further west than is represented on BNA radar.

6 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Got about an inch and a quarter but getting heavier snow again sitting at 20.  Roads around here treated with Brine are now turning white, untreated roads of course are really bad.  Back edge of the last band shows getting closer to me using BNA radar, but I suspect the back edge is a little further back than radar is showing due to BNA being so far away.  Would bet its at least 20 miles further west than is represented on BNA radar.

I always look forward to your obs because I seem to be directly downstream of you.  Looking forward to a heavier surge.  I'm a little surprised my flakes got so light based on radar, not complaining though.

4 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I always look forward to your obs because I seem to be directly downstream of you.  Looking forward to a heavier surge.  I'm a little surprised my flakes got so light based on radar, not complaining though.

Yeah flakes went back to nickles and dimes, about 15 minutes ago, only have maybe 20 miles between me and the back edge of the band using BNA radar.  Yeah I seem to always be perfectly down stream of West Knox especially with SSW flow.

As the temperature hit 25 the roads took a turn for the worse, as one would expect, and I'm watching people struggling to make it up my hill.  Good thing I'm stocked up on popcorn and beer.  May be getting out to help push soon.

Have about 1.5 inches on the ground.  Might make a push for 2 before it's over.  The models did ok for this area.

Yeah I agree models didn't do to bad here I'm no longer under returns from BNA radar, still getting light snow with nickle flakes, MRX i'm right on the edge of no precip.  Curious to see if there is still snow falling past radar returns.  

Right close to 2".

EDIT:  Back edge is back edge it appears, down to just flurries now.

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Yeah I agree models didn't do to bad here I'm no longer under returns from BNA radar, still getting light snow with nickle flakes, MRX i'm right on the edge of no precip.  Curious to see if there is still snow falling past radar returns.  

Right close to 2".

Congrats, end up around 1 1/4" here. Took awhile rot get back out of the pixie dust.

8 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

As the temperature hit 25 the roads took a turn for the worse, as one would expect, and I'm watching people struggling to make it up my hill.  Good thing I'm stocked up on popcorn and beer.  May be getting out to help push soon.

Have about 1.5 inches on the ground.  Might make a push for 2 before it's over.  The models did ok for this area.

Same here...just enough on them to make things interesting to watch across town.

Sounds like your going to have to get the #SaltLife rolling here in a few. 28 degrees. 1/2 inch of snow in the grass and the driveway is starting to cover here.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived