Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/16-1/17 Event OBS

BullCityWx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, griteater said:

I'll calculate and post the contest results this evening...I need a PGV snow total if anyone has it

I think it was around an inch. But don’t count that as official.  How do you calculate the results?  Just take the deviation of the guess from the actual total and average that out or something?

3 hours ago, tramadoc said:

The one day record for ORF is 17.5”. They didn’t set a record unless you mean for that particular day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes those are records for that day (Jan 17). I am sure the all time 24 hour record at all those sites is much higher than what was received yesterday.

42 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

I think it was around an inch. But don’t count that as official.  How do you calculate the results?  Just take the deviation of the guess from the actual total and average that out or something?

Absolute value of deviation of the forecast from actual at each site then add those up, but taking the avg like you mention would work too 

40 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Right around 4”.  Winter gets no lower than a B at this point, regardless of what happens from here on out.  What did you get?  Were you even in town?

I left Highlands at 10AM and got back to Greenville about 12:15. Snow was done by that point for the most part and we got 2.25 inches, but the roads were mostly clear. Add that with the 1 inch we got in December and we are almost half way to an average winter. My grade so far is a C. 

Measured an average of 11" this morning at 8:30. Looks like those extra bands gave us a few more inches after 8 p.m. last night. Thanks to my neighbor with his tractor for scraping our gravel road down to a few inches. 2 miles north of Chatham County Line off Smith Level Rd. Be safe in the morning if you have to drive anywhere round here and congrats to all who got the snow they wished for.

Archived