Total Members
    Most Online
    Landia_Copeland
    Newest Member
    Landia_Copeland

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

6 minutes ago, Wow said:

Snow ramping back up with the second wave

Yes sir. This one may squeeze out a couple of inches? I know we are colder and the Snowfall ratios are bound to be better. No?

Really wish I was back home in Chapel Hill for this one, they're getting crushed. Friends say something close to 9" already. Ended up with maybe 3/4 inch of windswept powder here in Atlanta. Doesn't look like it'll break 25 today, which is cool. 

5 minutes ago, Poimen said:

That band is beginning to build back into western Forsyth. Any reports from out that way? 

So far just some very light snow. It's actually picking up as I'm typing though. Very fine flakes 

• Like 1

The temperature boundary on this one has been strange. We've been hovering around 32 all day w/ the Triad in the mid to upper 20's.

2 minutes ago, HKY_WX said:

The temperature boundary on this one has been strange. We've been hovering around 32 all day w/ the Triad in the mid to upper 20's.

RDU is down to 31 last hour after hovering at 32 most of the day.

Congrats to you guys NE who have gone too long without a good storm. 

Highlight down here was 17 degrees with snowfall last night before it stopped. Ended up with about 2” of very dry powder.  This is the second storm that snuck up on my area.  Both the December storm and this one only showed up a few days out where before there was no storm on the models. 

This winter gets an A++

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ragtop50 said:

Just now starting to change over to snow here in northern Cumberland County...took all day...but finally see flakes.

Snowing a little bit still mixed with rain here in Spring Lake.  Still hoping for a dusting!