• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

14 minutes ago, weatherheels said:

Been an awesome snow.  I haven't been able to measure do to being at work all day, but Poimen is stating we're racking up pretty well, I think we live fairly close to each other.  

Poimen is accurate.  I live about 3 miles from both of you and I am measuring just short of 7" on the deck table.

• Like 1

About 3 1/2 inches here in Roanoke and still coming down pretty good but still no advisory lol. It looks per radar we are near some type of pivot point with the deformation band and it looks like we could get another inch before it is over with. Bigtime overperformer here. We were supposed to get less than an inch. Im just trying to figure out why Blacksburg never upgraded us to a WWA.

2 minutes ago, SnowDeac said:

I'm not the only one getting this, surely? I swear this is a steady light, maybe even moderate snow under absolutely no radar returns. New phenomenon for me in Charlotte. Only times I've experienced have been in the mountains. What would be causing this?

Yup same here.  Part of the dynamics from the low closing off over top of us.  Really ringing out the atmosphere by itself. 

Edit: Flakes are actually increasing in size and rates picking up as I type. 

9 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Thanks, What I got was a surprise for sure.......... RNK said 1 inch for here this morning!! I'm on the back edge now maybe 30 more minutes? Then flurries from that redevelopment in Mtns maybe?

Looks like it's ramping up quickly .. gonna be well more than flurries looking at the returns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wow said:

Looks like it's ramping up quickly .. gonna be well more than flurries looking at the returns.

Agreed.  I have more than flurries with no returns.  It’s snowing better now than it did for several hours during the main event.  We were in a snow hole but still impressive.  Hoping the back band really over performs. 

Alright, round two has arrived.  Just light flakes for the moment, but I'm just getting in to the eastern edge of the band.  The western edge doesn't appear to be moving any at all, just the eastern edge expanding.

2 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

Alright, round two has arrived.  Just light flakes for the moment, but I'm just getting in to the eastern edge of the band.  The western edge doesn't appear to be moving any at all, just the eastern edge expanding.

Lol. This is fun isn't it? I too have light snow with no returns. Looking forward to maybe another inch maybe with the back band.

• Like 1

Looking at traffic cameras and it seems like CAE has gotten jobbed again with a warm nose developing.

They had flurries and the northern suburbs (Chapin, Newberry and above Blythewood) have seen snow accumulation, but the people are already whining about a "blown" forecast.

multi year lurker, first time poster. solid 8" measured in chapel hill 2:15pm. hasn't let up since onset at 7am. still coming down nicely.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sctvman said:

Looking at traffic cameras and it seems like CAE has gotten jobbed again with a warm nose developing.

They had flurries and the northern suburbs (Chapin, Newberry and above Blythewood) have seen snow accumulation, but the people are already whining about a "blown" forecast.

Yes, not a darn flake on the ground and even my car is snow free.  Bust.  

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, warbler said:

multi year lurker, first time poster. solid 8" measured in chapel hill 2:15pm. hasn't let up since onset at 7am. still coming down nicely.  

Measured 8.25" just north of town about 45 minutes ago. I love seeing the area do well for a change!

I'm hoping areas further east can cash in on the slowing down of the precip, especially now that temps are beginning to cool

Harvey Point DoD Facility in Perquimans County is reporting light snow. Let’s be honest. Everyone knows that Harvey Point isn’t a DoD facility. It’s a covert CIA operations training facility. DEVGRU (SEAL TEAM 6) trained for the Bin Laden raid there. They built a complete to scale mock-up of his Islamabad compound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sctvman said:

I’ve heard of a mix downtown and forest acres

I am in far West Cary a mile or so from the Chatham County line at the intersection of Pony Club Circle and Cary Glen Blvd And I just measured 5" accumulation. Still snowing heavy.

1.jpg

Jumbo flakes now!!! Looks like the fake snow they use in Hallmark Movies! :D

Sticking to elevated surfaces now. Roads wet for the time being.