• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raifu
    Newest Member
    Raifu

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

3 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yes, Very surprised..... RNK a sleep at the wheel. lol WWA for one inch this morning they said!!! 

Yeah what does it take to get  Winter storm warning for our area? forecast yesterday was for less than a inch.

Then this morning , and even now, NOAA has us at WWA for 1 -4 and its still snowing hard.

Somewhat like the snow in February 2014 in that its over performing . Always enjoy an over performing snowstorm.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

I’m at 2.5” just measured. Been stuck in the pixie dust all day otherwise could have been much better. I have some heavier echoes coming over me within the next 20 min. Have some darker greens in then. Hoping to eclipse 3”. 

Hope you can also!! :snowman:

Absolutely dumping again in Madison Park. Just got back from a dog walk/playtime session. So much fun. Just measured right at 4 inches in the flattest part of my yard.

8 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Closing in on 5 inches and still heavy snow! You're right never expected this much. RNK even this morning said an inch here? 24 degrees

Unbelievable. No matter what some how some way u pull a rabbit out of the hat everytime. We all thought you where doomed this time. 

NW High Point

27 degrees

Just back from a walk around the block with our dog

5" and still snowing

Icy snow - had to stop 4 or 5 times to clean out our dog's feet from balls of ice

1 minute ago, Queencitywx said:

Might be quarter mile vis right now. Wow. 

I'd say so.  Took a walk to the golf course.  We're at 7"+ in open grassed areas now.

70dMNAv.png

• Like 6

Heavy snow here now near the lake in Huntersville. Hoping we can get some fill in on the radar. To me a novice, it looks like our snow here in the Charlotte area will be coming to a close soon. Still a great storm though.

1 minute ago, SnowDeac said:

Wait, how is supposed to snow in the metro until 6 PM, per Brad? Back edge should be through in an hour or so, no?

HRRR matches up pretty well with current radar and shows some back building

• Like 2

Six Forks Rd at Millbrook. Temp is still 35. That is irritating. I don't see 6" happening here in midtown Raleigh. Last snow storm we were in the snow hole almost all event. North Raleigh sucks.

9hqDjxN.jpg

XACWr8h.jpg

VWDe26U.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wow said:

I'd say so.  Took a walk to the golf course.  We're at 7"+ in open grassed areas now.

70dMNAv.png

Jealous!  Got maybe 3” here on solid surfaces.  Rates finally picking back up a little but spent over an hour in a hole of nothingness.  

78046B34-8EB2-4100-AC62-80369739EF1A.gif

About 4 inches in the grass near uncc. I'm good and satisfied. Nice solid snow. It's been pretty light for a while. I don't expect much more, but anything else is icing on the cake.

7 minutes ago, Queencitywx said:

HRRR matches up pretty well with current radar and shows some back building

You can see it developing on radar. Forming right now from Watauga county then SSW into the upstate. I assume once it gets a little more developed it will begin to move east. I'm no expert just guessing here.

1249PM.thumb.jpeg.98b18e699f0fbc7e58002e7f4e1d25fb.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

06:30 AM - 1.5 inches

07:30 AM - 2.0 inches, 0.5 new

08:30 AM - 2.5 inches, 0.5 new

10:00 AM - 3 inches, 0.5 new, cleared board

11:00 AM - 3.5 inches, 0.5 new

12:00 PM - 4.5 inches, 1.0 new

01:00 PM - 5.0 inches, 0.5 new

The main radar returns have just about passed me by, but there appear to be new returns building to the west...